Author Topic: This is fun. This is not easy. Kadet on Tuesday  (Read 167 times)

Offline Joe L

This is fun. This is not easy. Kadet on Tuesday
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:34:55 AM »
I missed practice for a week.  That's a long time for me.  And it showed.  Slow fire struggled to hold the gun steady.  Timed, 95-97, just a few less than perfect shots.  Went to rapid and it took 50 rounds to finally settle down and smoothly release the hammer as the dot came in to position.   The first 10 rounds were not good.  Then I settled down and got my head right.   Even then, I jerked one round, so a 98 was as good as I could do.  But at least 6 x ring hits out of ten!  So next session should be better on average. 

Rapid fire is two strings of 5 shots in 10 seconds, standing, single hand, at 25 yards, per target.  I double up to save paper and put 20 rounds on a target during practice.  Shot with a worn out Kadet with a red dot. 

This is the most demanding sport, mentally, I've ever participated in.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline Joe L

Re: This is fun. This is not easy. Kadet on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 10:31:47 PM »
This Saturday is slow fire practice: 50 yards, standing, single hand, 10 shots in 10 minutes.  I SHOULD be able to shoot low 90's, no wind, probably no one else out there to distract me. 

I am going to shoot the pistols at 100 yards this weekend.  Haven't done that in a while.  I have the P-07, P-10C, 97B"E", and Kadet to choose from.  Might be Sunday morning.  And Monday morning.  But first, bullseye at 50 yards slow fire with the Kadet and maybe the 97. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Online armoredman

• Administrator
Re: This is fun. This is not easy. Kadet on Tuesday
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:46:48 PM »
Very nice sir! I have been struggling to get the the range once every two weeks lately - the work schedule keeps throwing me off. You are, as always, a true inspiration. That, BTW, is not a joke.