Author Topic: Fumbled some reloads, but still shot pretty well today!  (Read 1285 times)

Offline SlvrDragon50

Fumbled some reloads, but still shot pretty well today!
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:53:11 AM »

Kinda upset since I had 1 M and 1 NS on two runs (it just barely broke the perf, and I know my mistake was rushing the shot). I'm struggling to keep composed when my reloads don't go as planned, and I push myself too fast to make up for it.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Fumbled some reloads, but still shot pretty well today!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
and I push myself too fast to make up for it.

Looking good!!  But the above statement is not good.  You can't "make up for it".  Thinking that way will cost you in the long run.  Clear those thoughts and start fresh every stage.  Let your practice/muscle memory for and training be your plan,  NOT how you did on the last stage.
This comes from one who can't do as well but can talk the talk. :-\

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »
Yea. I think I'm getting better at it. Part of the problem is that I think my run is done once I have one mistake so I feel like I need to push myself. Those scores indicate that that simply isn't true.

On the bright side, I've had so many errors the past few times that it's been great practice failures with live fire :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »
That run looked pretty good!
The last 6 shots were very nicely done, it was a sequence of six consecutive shots not 3 sequences of 2 shots. That's doing those 6 right.
Keep practicing reloads at home it gets easier when you practice. If you don't practice and get the muscle memory that 1SOW spoke of you will surprise yourself with some of the goofy reloads you attempt. Video is a great tool, I never practiced my reloads until I saw myself doing them.
I was inconsistent and sloppy. I don't like to be either but when I'm both at the same time it make me practice.

If I stop practicing it goes back to ugly real fast for me.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »
Yea. That's the weird thing. Usually my reloads are solid, but I couldn't reload at all yesterday!

I'm trying to retrain my mag grab to get the correct hand positioning, and I think that is messing me up.

Offline baldrage

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
Looks pretty good!  Congrats -- it appears if you have made a ton of progress over the last year!