Author Topic: Grand Power Q100 striker fired  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Grand Power Q100 striker fired
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:56:45 PM »
Well I mentioned in the what's your next handgun thread that I ordered the GP  Q100 Striker gun, it arrived about 4 pm yesterday afternoon.  The out of the box trigger pull is just down right sick for a factory handgun.   3.6 lbs was the lowest reading on my Lyman digital trigger gauge with 4.1 being the highest reading that I got.   3.8 lbs was the average pull.  This morning I took all my GP mags for my X-caliber and P1 ultra with me along with the mags that came with the Q100 ,8 mags total to run the gun hard.  I ran a total of 15 mags through it in total.  With this light trigger I had three light strikes on primers, but the trigger is DA so I just pulled it again and all three fired on the second pull.  The ammo that I used toady was mixed 9mm 115 gr and 124 gr ,S&B and PMC ball with some Fiocci 124 hollow points ,zero feeding or extraction issues.  I have to say I really like the trigger on this one.  I have one minor issue with this one just like the tuff mag releases that I am seeing on the P10 C  pistols , I got a sticky one on this pistol.  All of my other GP pistols have smooth ambi mag releases ,this one will require me to tune it a bit.  It ran all my mags fine because they are the same mag for all guns.  $449.00 was the cost. Sights are generic 3 white dot, which I will switch out for the black tactical rear with a fiber optic front ,the P1 ultra sights will fit.  Friday morning Devon and will try to run another 350 rounds through it before I come to work.  After shooting this one I don't think the stock CZ P10 c will make happy ,the triggers on the ones that have come through my shop averaged  5.6 to 6.3lbs on my gauge, I will need a Cajunized unit from Dave. The Q100 had a bit of over travel more than I like ,but I easily mastered this trigger in one shooting session . P.s  I already sent GP an email ,i had to bitch about something as I am still pissed at them for the P11 saga ,I asked them when I can expect a compact Q100. We will shoot photos on Friday as well of my entire GP collection.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline DubbleURX

Re: Grand Power Q100 striker fired
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »
Yeah, a compact Q (Q1) would definitely be nice!

Congrats on the new gun!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Rmach

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
Thanks for the report.  I'm still very happy with the X-calibur.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
GP / Eagle imports already emailed me back said no plans currently for a compact. I stated back to them I will email every day till they build it!
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline DekNgo

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Looking forward to the pictures...

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
So I went to shoot all the GP pistols and my Canik TP9SA this morning and well the best of plans did not work out. I left the Q100 and my custom TP9SA at the shop . I wanted to run them head to head because my Canik was modified by me to have about zero pre and over travel by modding the frame for pre and over travel screws and eliminating the trigger safety. Now I don 't carry it and I wont do this for a customer , I did it so I can speed shoot the crap out it. So now I am cleaning the pistols for the photo session.  I am taking over the photo work from my sons, one has already moved out and started life on his own and I expect my oldest will do the same since he as payed most of his college loans back and has a good job.  So Now I have to learn to use the camera up load them to our site for hosting and then I can post them here. I already now how to post them here so I should be able to learn the rest toady. So tomorrow I will head out to shoot the Q100 agaisnt my Canik . this time I will take the right pistols.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 08:09:37 AM »
Last night this old dog learned how to put the photos into the computer and start the initial processing.  I did not understand the amount of work that my son puts into cleaning up the photos due to the poor lighting in my shop.  This is why we are currently getting a photo room put together in my house complete with lighting setups.  After loading the photos into the computer he has a program that he wrote that initially scrubs the backround white around the image.  Then he has another program, some sort of photo program that allows you to ,they call it painting the rest of the backround ,again in white and then there is a technique that softens rough edges.  So what I am posting this morning is the crappy photos not altered to cleanup the backround or lighting.   This afternoon he will teach me how to clean them up just for practice since we only add photos of work we have done to our website.  Now if you go on our website the photos there are nicely cleaned up lighting and backround wise.. These type of photos would go in my EFR admin section under forum photos and won't be seen on my website. I had no idea how much work this was and I have a lot to learn

about the camera. I will get lots of practice starting at the end of next week in my new photo room.  So for now here are the photos that I have taken.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 04:00:17 PM »
First it's been almost a month since I first posted my initial thoughts on this pistol, I did not want to form my opinion on this handgun based only on couple hundred rounds down the pipe.  I am just under a thousands down the pipe as of this afternoon.  We have had some seasonably cool weather here this week so I took a break from the shop this afternoon and went to range .  The initial shooting sessions with this pistol first 450 rounds where shot at 25 yards at IDPA targets with two hands and strong hand standing , a good trained shooter would find it almost impossible to miss with this pistol, the trigger is that good and getting better the more I shoot it.  I had three light primer strikes in the first couple hundred rounds ,that has not reoccurred since, I have not yet cleaned the pistol and have had zero failures since the light primer strikes.  No failures of any kind period.  The trigger is just getting better. I shot 400 this afternoon just double tapping my way through the mags and then reloading  then shooting. since I have eight mags it did not take long.  All shooting today was done at 7 yards standing two hands on tow targets . I got lazy I did want to go down range to change targets. Targets became ragged holes in the center and the hole then became the target.  At the end of my session I put two inch sized dots on one target and ran the Q100  against the X-Caliber for an accuracy comparison ,of course the X-Caliber won shooting a inch and a quarter group with the Q100 going a little over 1 inch and three quarters at 7 yards standing two hands.  The Q100 is a very accurate and easy shooting pistol,however it is not perfect,my mag release still has a rough spot when going from left to right.  So I have found it easier to use my trigger finger and push right to left to drop the mags. The release button will need removed and some tuning is needed. Sights are are factory 3 white dots which I will replace with sights from the P! ultra a tact rear / black and a green fiber optic front.  Final thoughts and yes it is my opinion this trigger out of the box no mods is better than Glock , S&W , FN, Canik and yes the P10C CZ,  my trigger pull is now averaging 3.7 lbs .  It does have some over travel and some might not like that. I have grown used to the trigger break point and immediately backing off ,the reset is short, trigger break is crisp.  So now it's time to adjust my carry holster and see if I can fit it in so I can carry it for the next 6 months. Remember if you buy Grand Power pistols accessories are limited and you may have to have a holster made.  Last I am still not thrilled about the factory repair service for their handguns. For $440.00 this gun is a winner winner!  Now I just need Dave at Cajun to finish all his P10C mods so I can have a reason to buy that pistol.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Rmach

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
I will continue to update any issues ,etc, that's why I am carrying it so that every time I got to the range to test other guns it will be shot as well. I am keeping my 5 extra mags loaded with ball ammo in my 9mm can so i will always have the loaded mags with me. The carry mags are loaded with 124 gr hollow points. I will order new sights tomorrow and by the way it fit's my Alien gaer hybrid leather /kydex CZ 75  compact holster perfectly.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 09:31:41 PM »
Very Interesting!  8)  Nice to hear the Grand Power Pistols are working well for you!  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
Put another 300 rounds through it again today , I will surpass the 1500 round mark soon, still no issues and I am really fond of this light trigger , I may find it hard to go back to carrying a double action.  I have not really cleaned it yet ,just running a bore snake through it and spraying a little reoil in the racked slide on the bottom. No gripes on this one at all.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »
Working on the 1700 round mark now and I will surpass that tomorrow morning. Only real gripe on this pistol is that I am ordering ammo again. The trigger is the real outstanding feature on this one. I will have to send Grand Power emails until they commit to produce a compact version.  The only down side is lack of accessories and weight fully loaded , as duty gun it's fine for concealed carry I would want a compact version.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector