Author Topic: Brick and mortar Gun dealer snobbery toward FFL03  (Read 5203 times)

Offline rt66paul

Re: Brick and mortar Gun dealer snobbery toward FFL03
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 12:13:26 PM »
A lot of snobbery with Ca residents. Ca residents can buy C&R firearms over the counter in other states - we must DROS handguns within 10 days of bringing them into Ca. A FFL03 license really helps living in Ca.

Offline eastman

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »
A lot of snobbery with Ca residents. Ca residents can buy C&R firearms over the counter in other states - we must DROS handguns within 10 days of bringing them into Ca. A FFL03 license really helps living in Ca.

It is also very helpful here in the DPRI. Helps me spend lots of my money.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline slowhand47

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »
All .gov hassles aside it would be profitable for any "Seller" to have a C&R 03FFL Collector bid on his/her item. I would like a way to block the sellers who do not accept 03 licenses and save time considering it; I sent a suggestion to GBR about adding a line to the Item Description concerning 03FFL acceptance. No reply yet

Offline JKale2923

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
There are rumors of C&Rs buying guns like SKS's in volume and selling them as "private sales" at gun shows. A lot of FFLs do not appreciate that and some claim it has given Obama an excuse for some of his Executive Orders.

I personally was interested in a CZ-82 on GunBroker.com but the seller will not return my messages when I ask if he would ship to a C&R. His loss!

Offline bluedog46

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 07:13:01 PM »
I have heard of ffls doing just that and its supposed to be violation of the law. its one thing to sell a couple you want but some people are abusing the system. Not like it does not happen other ways though mostly by democrat constituents.

Offline lklawson

• CBD Dayton
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
There are rumors of C&Rs buying guns like SKS's in volume and selling them as "private sales" at gun shows. A lot of FFLs do not appreciate that and some claim it has given Obama an excuse for some of his Executive Orders.
This is illegal and has been since, ims, the '68 Act.  It's clearly "the business of selling firearms" and would require a standard FFL.  If the FFL's are concerned that this is happening, they should have a quiet chat with the C&R fella to remind him that doing so is risking prison, huge fines, and loss of rights.  If he continues, then report him & let the BATFE do their job.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out ho

Offline bluedog46

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »
This is illegal and has been since, ims, the '68 Act.  It's clearly "the business of selling firearms" and would require a standard FFL.  If the FFL's are concerned that this is happening, they should have a quiet chat with the C&R fella to remind him that doing so is risking prison, huge fines, and loss of rights.  If he continues, then report him & let the BATFE do their job.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Lots of people do that and its wrong. Now someone buys 5 sks and picks the pick of the litter, that does not seem like a big deal to me. Someone buys 100 a year and does that they are clearly in the business. I personally think people should be able to do what they chose with their property, but believe in following the laws.

Offline lklawson

• CBD Dayton
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »
Now someone buys 5 sks and picks the pick of the litter, that does not seem like a big deal to me.
According to the BATF, that's perfectly legal and is "enhancing" your collection.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

Start on pp 7 for the examples and pay particular attention to example #4, "David."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out ho

Offline shaneb1

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »
i think it depends on where you live. I live up north and definitely rude. Down south seem much more relaxed.

Offline Triplanetary

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 06:40:24 PM »
You would think that honoring any valid FFL licence that applies should be a condition of holding an FFL to begin with.  Legal should be legal, one would think. Also someone would grub for an extra 30 dollars when presented with a legal license is morally ambiguous.  Most legal gunfolk tend not to be ethically challenged, look at all the hoops we jump through to begin with.

anything