Author Topic: CZ75 first model???  (Read 293 times)

Offline Stopsign32v

CZ75 first model???
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »
So what exactly is this? I searched CZ75 first model and came up with nothing.

Offline eastman

Re: CZ75 first model???
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
I'm not sure what your question is. That is the first version of the CZ 75 as produced originally. Then the rail was lengthened a few years later into the form we all know and love*.

(* not that I wouldn't love an original short rail 75, I just don't have one)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
I don't know squat about the early CZs (any good books on them?). I have seen those early grips before. But what exactly is the "first version"? Are they just THAT rare that I can't find anything on them? Or are they known as something other than that?

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »
I don't know squat about the early CZs (any good books on them?). I have seen those early grips before. But what exactly is the "first version"? Are they just THAT rare that I can't find anything on them? Or are they known as something other than that?

They are commonly referred to as "Short Rail" CZ 75. They are extremely uncommon in the US and tend to get really expensive if they are in good shape (as in 2-3x the price of a new Shadow 2).
I don't look like my avatar!

Online Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:20:25 AM »
You are correct....there doesn't seem to be many detailed English language books/articles on the early CZ 75. "Cold War Pistols of Czechoslovakia" by James D Brown is one that is still available. Even in that book, the chapter on the CZ 75 does not compare with the amount of detail (especially on serial numbers) data on say, the vz. 52 pistols. A forum member has recently had a couple on the big auction site and are about $2500-3500 on the US market.

Here's a link to an old forum thread that was started in 2009 and has updates from this year. I suggest reading it from the beginning to get a sense of the additions to the knowledge base. There a few more threads (usually shorter but with photos) in this section of the forum as individual forum members have posted on their acquired "short rails".
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=21656

Offline Lion122

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »
I think there is one laying at a gun shop near me. When I get time will go have a good look at it

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Offline Clausewitz

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 07:35:34 PM »

anything