Author Topic: RMR 10% offing house bullets for the 4th of July  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

RMR 10% offing house bullets for the 4th of July
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:43:22 PM »
Got an email that all the bullets made in house by RMR are 10% off. If someone orders 4000 of their 115 gr FMJ's it's around 6.8 cents per bullet! They are killing Berry's on pricing. Here the excerpt from the email.

Use RMRINDEPENDENCE at checkout to get 10% off any RMR in-house jacketed bullet. This only works for bullets made in-house and not all RMR labelled products.

Oh and they are doing  5% of all the other bullets. Excerpt:

Use code: FREEDOM to get 5% off anything in the store through July 5th!

If I hadn't found Berry's seconds for $55 per 1000 I would jump on those FMJ's!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline baldrage

Re: RMR 10% offing house bullets for the 4th of July
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:42:45 AM »
They also just released a new, in-house production, 124 gr FMJ Flat-Nose bullet:

https://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets-for-reloading/bullets-for-reloading-9mm-355-12/9mm-124-gr-rmr-fmj-flat-nose-new-made-right-here-at-rmr/?v=7516fd43adaa

Modified to add RMR's description of their new FN bullet:

"We've been getting a lot of requests for a flat nose 9mm bullet so we decided to try our hand at it. Well, a few days ago the new 124 grain RMR Flat Nose bullet was born. I personally had my hand in the design of this bullet. It is somewhat of a truncated RNFP hybrid. Where the body and ogive meet, we've rounded it over a little to help assist in getting the bullet to line up straight in the barrel. Having sharp edge on there has been shown to want to grab one edge before the other in the rifling which results in a slightly tipped bullet as it goes down the barrel. By rounding over where they meet, the bullet has a better chance of lining up perfect in the barrel when it is fired and hopefully resulting in a more accurate bullet. The truncated cone design has proven to work well in 9mm and .357 sig as well as 38 super. A flat nose bullet also has the added benefit of producing more consistent OAL in loading. Our hybrid design should give you the best of both worlds! If you are a FN bullet person these bullets will really impress you."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:37:18 PM by baldrage »

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
They are a good company to deal with.

I just finished loading 1000 rounds of their 124 JHP Blems. They shoot really well but they are short and fat and in many CZ's you will have to really check and probably reduce OAL.

Thanks for the discount Info!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
Oh yeah, I saw your post on that, thanks for sharing! They sounded like some coated bullets I tried.

I really want to see some feed back on their FMJ bullets they are making in house from our members. I'm curious if they are as accurate as they claim.

Offline baldrage

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »
I've shot about 500 of their in-house 115 gr FMJs (4.8 gr HP-38, 1.125 OAL, S&B and WSP primers).  I am no Joe L, but they have been accurate for me out to 25 yards -- shot them in an IDPA match last weekend and they worked well.

Going to load up some of their in-house 124 gr FMJs tonight and test them at the range next week. 

I have not used Precision Delta, which seems to be the consensus for most accurate bullet at a reasonable price, so can't speak to how RMR's bullets compare.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:28:58 PM by baldrage »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 12:11:39 PM »
I'm shot about 500 of their in-house 115 gr FMJs (4.8 gr HP-38, 1.125 OAL, S&B and WSP primers).  I am no Joe L, but they have been accurate for me out to 25 yards -- shot them in an IDPA match last weekend and they worked well.

Going to load up some of their in-house 124 gr FMJs tonight and test them at the range next week. 

I have not used Precision Delta, which seems to be the consensus for most accurate bullet at a reasonable price, so can't speak to how RMR's bullets compare.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing/hearing how the 124's work!

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 04:36:41 PM »
These prices are close enough to coated that I am going to have to give them a try.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline romukom

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 11:53:15 PM »
I just received my order from RMR. First time ordering from them and I am impressed. I ordered their 124fmj FN and their plated 124 round nose flat point.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 12:49:33 AM »
I just received my order from RMR. First time ordering from them and I am impressed. I ordered their 124fmj FN and their plated 124 round nose flat point.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

They look good! Let us know how they shoot. SP01Shadow shot some RMR bullets over the new Sport Pistol powder and report the best groups he's ever had. Across multiple pistols. Have fun!

Offline baldrage

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
I have some of the plated FN. They plunked very short in my SP01 Shadow Custom, 1.055, but because of their short bullet length, still seated at safe distance (.220 or thereabouts, IIRC, I'm traveling this week and don't have my notebook, but can send you info when I get back, if interested).

I shot my first batch of 124 gr FMJ last week, using 4.4 and 4.5 gr of HP-38, WSPP, mixed brass, 1.125 OAL.  Results were acceptable -- all shots in IDPA headbox at 15 yards, and inside 0 at 20 yards.  Groups were nothing special, but I'm going to play with OAL a bit and see if I can tighten them up.

Offline baldrage

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 10:00:04 AM »
RMR has extended the 10% off jacketed 9mm through the end of July!

anything