Author Topic: confidence a bit shaken in CZ  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Ross7

• NW Florida
Re: confidence a bit shaken in CZ
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
Well dang, come July 5th I will have had my PCR for 9 years and I didn't know of this "known issue". :-[

It's still my usual EDC with just over 6K rounds now and so far so good.

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
Over 3000 on my P09. Close to 2000 on the SP01. Not very good with cleaning either, but I try to put a drop of oil down there on both between range sessions.

Offline stevet1

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

Have been lurking around but not much uninterrupted time to post.
The topic above is what this post is about. As with all of you, CZ is a favored, accurate and purportedly reliable pistol which, fortunately for us, has had it's price/value ratio, fly under the radar until rather recently.

Confidence in it's reliability is KEY for a firearm, particularly in a carry pistol. I have a 75D Compact through which I had shot approximately 400 rounds when the trigger return spring broke. The pistol was under warranty and was repaired by CZ Warranty and Repair, so it's back in good working order, but I'd be lying if I said I have the same confidence in this Pistol as a 'bet my life on it' weapon as I did before. I know ---any firearm can and do fail on occasion- even the vaunted reliability of the Glock, but what is particularly troubling is that my CZ had a part break quite early in it's life. I also understand my options, but just wanted to share this failure which was quite disappointing, and hope that in your collective experience, is an extremely rare occurrence.

Best wishes to all.
Walt R.

It's very common for mechanical or electrical components that are going to fail do so early in their life. Once you get past a little use, the chances of something holding up well greatly increase. Anything man makes can break. Enjoy your CZ and don't worry about it. It will soon gain your confidence.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »
Anymore things are made not to last, parts that used to be metal are now plastic, this goes across the spectrum of anything and nearly everything in the world of products......when I say nearly everything I truly believe that CZ's are one of those exceptions.  I've torn down old ones to the newest ones and they are built solid, to believe anything is going to last and never need some attention at some point is kinda just sets a person up for disappointment and uncertainty.  Military firearms, planes, vehicles all wear down with use...some show it sooner that others.  The old adage that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link comes to mind......fix it and move on, otherwise I would never trust anything.  ???   In a way I would look at this failure as a plus, it failed when I didn't need it to work, its fixed and now ready for when I do need it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:57:21 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 10:54:10 PM »
My P01 had 700 rounds on the very first day straight out of the box. Within a few months I had ordered Many CGW parts to get it to feel exactly like the 75B trigger, which also has CGW parts. So "IF" I ever break a TRS I do have a couple stock spares till I get another from CGW.

Any and ALL springs are wear parts. CZ may have had a bad batch of TRS as I have heard of a few breaking. However I do think 400 rounds is the lowest round count I've heard. CZ would have sent you one for free and it's not too hard to replace. Certainly not something I would have sent back to be fixed. I understand that not everyone can completely detail strip a firearm, but I certainly would not bet my life on anything I am not familiar with and have not taken completely apart, if only to give myself peace of mind.

Another reliability enhancement is the CGW Tempered spring steel firing pin retaining pin
https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline Sicamosley

confidence a bit shaken in CZ
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 02:28:06 AM »
Hi Guys,

Have been lurking around but not much uninterrupted time to post.
The topic above is what this post is about. As with all of you, CZ is a favored, accurate and purportedly reliable pistol which, fortunately for us, has had it's price/value ratio, fly under the radar until rather recently.

Confidence in it's reliability is KEY for a firearm, particularly in a carry pistol. I have a 75D Compact through which I had shot approximately 400 rounds when the trigger return spring broke. The pistol was under warranty and was repaired by CZ Warranty and Repair, so it's back in good working order, but I'd be lying if I said I have the same confidence in this Pistol as a 'bet my life on it' weapon as I did before. I know ---any firearm can and do fail on occasion- even the vaunted reliability of the Glock, but what is particularly troubling is that my CZ had a part break quite early in it's life. I also understand my options, but just wanted to share this failure which was quite disappointing, and hope that in your collective experience, is an extremely rare occurrence.

Best wishes to all.
Walt R.

I had a trigger pin break on a Glock 17.  Failures happen.

I've had the same feeling as you had before.  My advice-run the gun hard, to restore your confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:33:44 AM by Sicamosley »

Offline MattStainless

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum that for whatever reason...

Dry firing in DA is a possible cause of the trs breakage.

This is not my claim, as I've never had one break, but something about multiple or repeated da dry firing causes heat build up/weakening in the spring.

I believe it was in the cz75b full size section.

Offline eastman

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »

This is not my claim, as I've never had one break, but something about multiple or repeated da dry firing causes heat build up/weakening in the spring.

That has been stated here on a few occasions. It would explain why some users break a lot of TRS, and some never have it happen.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »

That has been stated here on a few occasions. It would explain why some users break a lot of TRS, and some never have it happen.
Schmeky explained that the springs heat up excessively from continued and rapid DA trigger pulls. This eventually degrades the integrity and they can break. It isn't a number of trigger pulls, it's the rate and number leading to heat build up being extreme.

I vary my dry fire between DA and SA in each session. I'm guessing the breaks from DA within sessions have prevented any TRS from breaking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »
There seems to a problem with springs with cz.
If you live in canada it is a night mare getting  warrenty service done. I have been waiting 5 months for a sear spring to be repaired from grech warranty centre in canada.
It's a real nightmare.
CZ are a good gun untill it breaks then the nightmare starts if living in canada.
If you live in the US then dealing with CZ USA is a gem as they will give you the service you deserve.I had my cz only 4 months and has spent 5 months with grech and does not have a clue as to when part will come in or how long will take to fix.
The gun sat in there for 7 or more weeks before ordered part from chec rep.
5 months and counting.
Good luck.
God man buy an American made gun at least you can get parts!!

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »
Dude,
You can get a sear spring from Cajun for 5 bucks. I bet they ship to Canada.
I hope you get your gun back soon, that is a crazy long time.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »
There seems to a problem with springs with cz.
If you live in canada it is a night mare getting  warrenty service done. I have been waiting 5 months for a sear spring to be repaired from grech warranty centre in canada.
It's a real nightmare.
CZ are a good gun untill it breaks then the nightmare starts if living in canada.
If you live in the US then dealing with CZ USA is a gem as they will give you the service you deserve.I had my cz only 4 months and has spent 5 months with grech and does not have a clue as to when part will come in or how long will take to fix.
The gun sat in there for 7 or more weeks before ordered part from chec rep.
5 months and counting.
Good luck.
God man buy an American made gun at least you can get parts!!

Blame your government up there. Sorry but canada is nothing more than kalifornia far north.

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 03:37:22 PM »
What does the government have to do with not being able to gets parts from Czech Republic.
I can buy parts from CZ USA and have them delivered within 48 hours!!
But for Warrentry service in canada we have to deal with grech outdoors canada who in turn HAVE to deal with CZ Czech Republic in order to get parts and in order to get payed for warranty work.
It can take up to 4 to 5 months to get parts from the Czech Republic.
Like I said I can order parts for CZ USA no problems and send the part to grech but it will not be under warrenty and will have to pay.
I like the CZ 75B I purchased but after 4 months it has been a nightmare to get warrenty work done.
CZ is having problems getting service centers for warranty work as they can not get parts and end up getting a bad name so give up on CZ.
I agree living in canada can be a hassle getting handguns as can take up to 5 months and courses you have to take and background checks before getting a permit to buy a hand gun.
But getting parts for repairs on handgun can be a problem with grech and CZ Czech Republic.
A lot of gun stores will not carry CZ because of the poor warrenty from CZ
and the dissatisfied clients when they break.
It's a shame because CZ is a good gun but get turned off on them we see problems others are having.
Anyway 5 months and waiting on warranty work.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 05:00:38 PM »
What does the government have to do with not being able to gets parts from Czech Republic.
I can buy parts from CZ USA and have them delivered within 48 hours!!
But for Warrentry service in canada we have to deal with grech outdoors canada who in turn HAVE to deal with CZ Czech Republic in order to get parts and in order to get payed for warranty work.
It can take up to 4 to 5 months to get parts from the Czech Republic.
Like I said I can order parts for CZ USA no problems and send the part to grech but it will not be under warrenty and will have to pay.
I like the CZ 75B I purchased but after 4 months it has been a nightmare to get warrenty work done.
CZ is having problems getting service centers for warranty work as they can not get parts and end up getting a bad name so give up on CZ.
I agree living in canada can be a hassle getting handguns as can take up to 5 months and courses you have to take and background checks before getting a permit to buy a hand gun.
But getting parts for repairs on handgun can be a problem with grech and CZ Czech Republic.
A lot of gun stores will not carry CZ because of the poor warrenty from CZ
and the dissatisfied clients when they break.
It's a shame because CZ is a good gun but get turned off on them we see problems others are having.
Anyway 5 months and waiting on warranty work.

We have zero issues getting parts or warranty service here in the US and from CZ-USA who deals with CZ-UB so is it CZ-UB or is it the DEALERS you have to deal with and or the POLITICAL situation up there. CZ stands behind what they sell and their service is outstanding. You can't blame them because you are in a highly restrictive part of the world.

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 07:56:04 PM »
Restricted part of the world your right sending parts by dog sleigh can be a bitch.And living in an igloo can be a bitch for rust! Especially with global warming and ice melting .
Ordered a part from ruger within 48 hours had fed x knocking on the top of my igloo.
CZ should use a good American company like Fed X to deliver there parts hell they even go to the most Restricted  areas of the world like canada.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:15:34 AM by Maple leaf »