Author Topic: Kadet at 50 yards, standing, single hand this morning  (Read 132 times)

Offline Joe L

Kadet at 50 yards, standing, single hand this morning
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »
Bullseye practice in the mountains of New Mexico, some quality time with the Kadet.  I shot 140 rounds with good results at the long line (50 yards).  I only need another 1000 rounds or so like this morning and maybe I can get to where I can shoot 10 good shots out of 10 attempts.   :) :)

The hardest thing to do mentally is to not force the shot, that is, not jerk the trigger when the dot is in the center of the bullseye.  I had good results this morning thinking primarily of a smooth trigger release, as the dot came in to the black, rather than wiggling the dot around in the black and forcing the shot.  I still messed up a few shots, but there were many more good shots today than last week. 

I made a short video to give people that may not have tried bullseye a sense of what all goes on as one is trying to hit a 10 ring at 50 yards, standing, single hand, with a worn out Kadet.  Video should finish uploading and be available to view by 3:30pm CDT.  No T3 line here in the boonies. 

Yes, I called the one really bad shot in the 6 ring at 7 o'clock just out of camera view but still on the repair center.  So, 18 of 20 in the black, 8 of 20 in the 10 ring.  I had another target with 10 out of 20 in the 10 ring, but I jerked 3 out of 20 so the target scores were lower than what I have on the target in the video.  This was an excellent day for me at the long line.   

This is fun.  This isn't easy.  Even with a pile of CZ pistols!!   :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

anything