Author Topic: Don't be like Tiger Woods, if it ain't broke don't fix it  (Read 369 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Don't be like Tiger Woods, if it ain't broke don't fix it
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »
Short of the long... I thought I'd broken my draw, and in "fixing" that I messed up my grip and trigger pull. Finally started to undo all my "fixin" today.

As I did so I decided to try a wrist rest with my SP-01 Compact to test out accuracy for the new powder I'm trying, Sport Pistol. My best group shooting like this previously was about the size of a softball. (it's tricky leaning forward onto a bench and resting, I almost shoot as good of groups standing). I just focused on my fundamentals. Didn't see as much as I usually do so I thought it would suck but what happened? 1 3/4" group! I was pretty excited! I seriously love this little pistol!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Online 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Don't be like Tiger Woods, if it ain't broke don't fix it
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 02:51:06 PM »
NICE!  8)
CZs are mean.  It's always the shooter.  ;).    Stretch out the distance every now and then to keep the shooter "fine tuned".

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »
NICE!  8)
CZs are mean.  It's always the shooter.  ;).    Stretch out the distance every now and then to keep the shooter "fine tuned".
Thanks! Yeah... I definitely can't blame the pistols when things aren't working. All my draws with the timer are at 15 yards. I'll stretch that out to 20 yards and work on getting my draw and first shot to 1 second at that distance... Can't go past 25 yards until I can get outdoors...

"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline Beak Boater

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »
Funny you brought that up..... not exactly the same thing, but I bought my wife a Pro Tek 1, so I started to shoot it to loosen it up a bit. Enjoyed shooting it and put about 500 rds through it. Had to alter my grip a little to get tighter groups and in the center of the target, but after a few shots it was not big deal. Smaller grip, not much of a change. Week later went to shoot my old reliable Sp-01 Target, and my groups had opened up and was hitting left of center. I never had that problem before in thousands of rounds. Thought about it for a minute, same ammo, what was different,  my grip....but just that little change in my grip made a large difference at 10-15 yards.
Funny how small changes make big differences, and you don't really even have to think about them until your POI changes.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »
Funny you brought that up..... not exactly the same thing, but I bought my wife a Pro Tek 1, so I started to shoot it to loosen it up a bit. Enjoyed shooting it and put about 500 rds through it. Had to alter my grip a little to get tighter groups and in the center of the target, but after a few shots it was not big deal. Smaller grip, not much of a change. Week later went to shoot my old reliable Sp-01 Target, and my groups had opened up and was hitting left of center. I never had that problem before in thousands of rounds. Thought about it for a minute, same ammo, what was different,  my grip....but just that little change in my grip made a large difference at 10-15 yards.
Funny how small changes make big differences, and you don't really even have to think about them until your POI changes.
Right!? Glad to hear your fiasco was resolved quicker than mine

2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Online Sicamosley

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »
Absolutely.  This is the reason why I can't for the life of me, understand why people rotate their daily carry pieces.

Knives-ok, a daily carry rotation is fine-but with guns-makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 12:17:32 AM »
Sicamosley & Beak Boater,  I agree.

With my heavier comp. CZ,  I can draw out-shoot my lighter but custom smooth-shooting Sig 239 at 3-5 yards. I've had and shot both pistols for a very long time but get way more practice with the comp. CZ. The grip with point shooting is the issue.
I don't need to see the CZ "at all" to shoot very fast and accurately at short range.