Author Topic: 97BE at 25yds Standing One Handed  (Read 180 times)

Online longgonedaddy

97BE at 25yds Standing One Handed
« on: July 03, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
Tried it for the very first time today.  This style of target shooting is very different.  I had to relearn how to hold and aim all over again.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:59:01 AM by longgonedaddy »

Offline Boris_LA

Re: 97BE at 25yds Standing One Handed
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
It's a very good start. With more training you will have most shots in the black in no time.

Offline Joe L

Re: 97BE at 25yds Standing One Handed
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »
LGD--very good start at 25 yards single hand standing!  It is very difficult to learn to shoot well at this distance. 

The challenge for me even now is to pull the trigger very smoothly while the sight is wobbling all over the bullseye.  I would have 2 or 3 shots in the 9 or 10 ring and then one low left in the 6 or high.  The wild shots were me forcing the shot when the sight alignment was perfect.  When one forces the shot, one tends to jerk the gun just enough to throw the shot wide.  In other words, one creates a worse shot by moving the gun after getting perfect sight alignment than you would do if you just let the sights wander around in the black but have the gun go off when the sights are in the 8 or 9 ring. 

When you learn to accept the wobble and can still move the trigger smoothly, you can get all the shots in the black.  Then, apparently, one can spend the next few years learning how to hold the gun steady and minimize the wobble.  With minimum wobble and a perfect trigger pull, you can hit 9 and 10 ring consistently. 

"I know how to score a 10, I just can't execute what I know perfectly 10 times in a row."

Many folks won't even try 25 yards standing single hand.  You not only tried, you had good results and are coming back for more.  That's great!!  A 97B"E" is a perfect bullseye gun for folks that like the ergonomics.  Mechanically, a 97B"E" from CGW is simply phenomenal. 

Joe
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:33:09 AM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

anything