Author Topic: Need some help choosing PCR sights.....  (Read 9025 times)

Offline viking499

Need some help choosing PCR sights.....
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »
As my eyes get older, I have decided to upgrade the sights on my PCR, but not sure what I want to go with. :o

Was looking at the CGW front and rear FO sight set, beta wise man also recommended the CGW Tritium sights for the PCR.

I like sights where I can see some light on each side of the front when looking through the rear.

I need some firsthand recommendations and some pics if you have them of these CGW sights or of something else you might recommend.

CZ Aficionado

Re: Need some help choosing PCR sights.....
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
I got sights from CZC......the PCR specific single dot trijicon rear sight they have and then a Gold Ring Trijicon front sight.....in essence making an "8" type sight picture.  The Gold Ring front made it easy to pick up and line up above the single dot rear sight......

Offline wagon

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 12:15:11 AM »
Have you considered TruGlo TFX ?

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »
Have you considered TruGlo TFX ?

Might do a set of those for my P-01.  Thinking of something more PCR specific right now.

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 09:56:36 AM »
Old guy with aging eyes here. I recently went through the same search you are doing for my own pcr.  Long story short I left the stock rear sight and just added a MeproLight ml-17777 night sight up front.  Several hundred rounds shot with this combo now and I must say that I like it.  With this little fix I was not facing what to do with the large slide gap gap after replacing the rear sight.  A close second was the pcr sights from CZ custom shop.  Have fun!
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline KME

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
Old guy with old guy eyes here.

I have a FO front sight and blackened serrated rear sight on my PCR and love it. On my P-01 CGW installed TruGlo TFX Pro sights. Completely different experience. For precision shooting the FO sight is the way to go. For quick target acquisition I find the TFX Pro sights to be the better choice. YMMV

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »
Pics always help..... ;)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
EZ-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline viking499

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »
EZ-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.  Do the white lines help?

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »
I don't know yet, numerous issues have kept me from being able to give them a try.  :(

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
Would love to post pics here but how? I use  google chromebook. Not quite like my old lap top.
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »
Got to shoot at the range today and still consistently 1"+ low at 5-7 yards. White lines really didn't help

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »
My eyesight took a crazy dump about 5 years ago. Wild because I used to have eagle vision but .. getting old is not for the weak.

So ... sights. I frigin love the TFO sights from Truglo but they dont have them for the CZ Compact. I had them on 5 different Xd's and they were wonderful.

Reading the hype I bought the TFX for a 1911 I have that had black front blade and black rear. The blackouts were great as the front blade was narrow enough to allow you to pick it up quickly and center it naturally but were kind of useless in diminished light.

Put the TFX on and HATED them. I was a truglo fan but these sights had a much smaller aperture to allow light to the tube so they became sucky to me in all light conditions. They were more money than the TFO and someone wrote great copy for them but in my opinion were not nearly as good as the TFO's I had used before. Off they went and I put the black back on. $130.00 in the garbage.

Now on to the CZ. The sights it came with were useless to me and I now have trouble with 3 dot sights. Just becomes a big white fuzz. I put a Hi Viz brand front on and took a marker and blacked out the rear white dots. Happy day !!!

I can very quickly and intuitively shoot my compact in anything but black out conditions and I dont live in a place without ambient light and don't intend to shoot at things I cant see so its not a problem.

There are plenty of front Fibers out there but the light tubes on the Hi Viz are crazy easy to replace if damaged and they come with a kind of cage that helps prevent damage in the first place. Many of the fiber front sights I see are naked and thus prone to more damage.

Tritium is great only in the dark .. otherwise it is just a regular not so great sight set. Think about your needs. My front sight still gets plenty of light even at night in my home with ambient light but in medium and low light they really shine and the tritium would be worthless. Here are some pix

http://boriqualeather.com/CZ%20HI%20VIZ/

Cool thing is it made my CZ so much more fun to shoot and I feel so much more confident carrying it and it cost me under 50 bucks because all I did was change out the front sight. My kit came with a tool for changing out light tubes and it came with a green, red and opaque white tube. The tube is a nice large circumference dot and easy for me to pick up.

Of course YMMV
Alex
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:10:36 PM by Boriqua »

Offline viking499

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Got to shoot at the range today and still consistently 1"+ low at 5-7 yards. White lines really didn't help

Maybe you put the white lines in the wrong spot. ;)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »
Maybe so  ;D

Really the POI isn't that big a deal, it's the fact that I just can't get comfortable with how these are set up. When I first put them in I loved the look of the narrow front FO sight but as a whole package they just aren't for me.

oh well, live and learn. (Keep an eye out in the classifieds over the next couple of weeks for a lightly used set of EZD sights at a nice discount  :)  )

anything