Author Topic: Need some help choosing PCR sights.....  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Wasz13

Re: Need some help choosing PCR sights.....
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
I'm really interested to know people's opinions of the cgw vs czc night sights.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 04:34:02 PM »
Old guy with old guy eyes here.

I have a FO front sight and blackened serrated rear sight on my PCR and love it. On my P-01 CGW installed TruGlo TFX Pro sights. Completely different experience. For precision shooting the FO sight is the way to go. For quick target acquisition I find the TFX Pro sights to be the better choice. YMMV
I completely agree. I'm having the same dilemma have the tfx and tfx pros, great sights. They do lack the precision feel that I'm looking for, super fast target acquisition and accurate. a blacked out rear and fo front is what I like for bullseye shooting where I want a nice one hole group that's an inch better. I won't be carrying a pcr but deciding the type of sights isn't to hard there aren't many to choose from. I hope they make the new cajun adjustable rear for the pcr

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

Offline dkpbone

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
Old guy with aging eyes here. I recently went through the same search you are doing for my own pcr.  Long story short I left the stock rear sight and just added a MeproLight ml-17777 night sight up front.  Several hundred rounds shot with this combo now and I must say that I like it.  With this little fix I was not facing what to do with the large slide gap gap after replacing the rear sight.  A close second was the pcr sights from CZ custom shop.  Have fun!
Did you find this combination changed your POA? I put some Truglo TFX on mine (front and rear) and it shoots low. I want to get back to not having to adjust my sight picture and hope your combo does this for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online wagon

Need some help choosing PCR sights.....
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
Not sure of your shooting distance, but the  TFX on my PCR shoots POA= POI with 'combat' hold @ 7 yds .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:47:03 AM by wagon »

Offline dkpbone

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »
Not sure of your shooting distance, but the  TFX on my PCR shoots POA= POI with 'combat' hold @ 7 yds .
At my indoor range I usually shoot 5-10 yards. Outdoor range longer distances. I have to pull my POA up in order to hit where I want to hit.  I've got a CZ83 that I shoot better than my PCR because my POA=POI with that gun. But it's just a range gun and not my carry gun. Would like to find the right sights that give me that on my PCR.  Just couldn't see the original front sight and put the TFX on. But I'm assuming the TFX height of the sights are off from the original. I might try a front CZ Custom Trijicon with the original rears and see what that yields me since the Trijicons are the same height of the original front sights. As it sits I'm good at self defense distances but would like to target shoot greater distances as well with it.

Offline dkpbone

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »
My eyesight took a crazy dump about 5 years ago. Wild because I used to have eagle vision but .. getting old is not for the weak.

So ... sights. I frigin love the TFO sights from Truglo but they dont have them for the CZ Compact. I had them on 5 different Xd's and they were wonderful.

Reading the hype I bought the TFX for a 1911 I have that had black front blade and black rear. The blackouts were great as the front blade was narrow enough to allow you to pick it up quickly and center it naturally but were kind of useless in diminished light.

Put the TFX on and HATED them. I was a truglo fan but these sights had a much smaller aperture to allow light to the tube so they became sucky to me in all light conditions. They were more money than the TFO and someone wrote great copy for them but in my opinion were not nearly as good as the TFO's I had used before. Off they went and I put the black back on. $130.00 in the garbage.

Now on to the CZ. The sights it came with were useless to me and I now have trouble with 3 dot sights. Just becomes a big white fuzz. I put a Hi Viz brand front on and took a marker and blacked out the rear white dots. Happy day !!!

I can very quickly and intuitively shoot my compact in anything but black out conditions and I dont live in a place without ambient light and don't intend to shoot at things I cant see so its not a problem.

There are plenty of front Fibers out there but the light tubes on the Hi Viz are crazy easy to replace if damaged and they come with a kind of cage that helps prevent damage in the first place. Many of the fiber front sights I see are naked and thus prone to more damage.

Tritium is great only in the dark .. otherwise it is just a regular not so great sight set. Think about your needs. My front sight still gets plenty of light even at night in my home with ambient light but in medium and low light they really shine and the tritium would be worthless. Here are some pix

http://boriqualeather.com/CZ%20HI%20VIZ/

Cool thing is it made my CZ so much more fun to shoot and I feel so much more confident carrying it and it cost me under 50 bucks because all I did was change out the front sight. My kit came with a tool for changing out light tubes and it came with a green, red and opaque white tube. The tube is a nice large circumference dot and easy for me to pick up.

Of course YMMV
Alex
Alex. Did you have to drill for the sight pin on these or did they come ready for install?  Maybe this is what I need to try. Have they changed your POA?

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
I didnt notice any change in poa poi. I can generally hit the little x in the center of the head on a silhouette target at 7 ydswithout any adjustments.

The sight does not come with the groove for the pin and ... yes that is a bummer. I did not drill because I was worried about damaging the slide so what I did was carefully mark the groove placement from my old sight and I cut a small channel with a dremel cut off wheel. The dremel cut off wheel is not thick enough for the pin but I have a triangle shaped small jewelers file and the dremel cut helped keep the file in line and not drifting. A couple of passes and tries and it went right on. I have probably 100-150 rounds through the gun since the change and its just wonderful. I think I saw the sight recently on ebay for like $25.

I really like the price and for that price dont mind a little sweat equity.

Offline viking499

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
I was thinking about a set of TFX sights for my P-01, but still on the fence.

I prefer a little light on each side of my front.  Was looking at a complete set of sights for my PCR,  but might either try just a front FO (CGW or maybe a hi-viz) or a trijicon front.

If anyone has either of these fronts or a set of TFX sights laying around not being used, send them my way and I will let you know my results after taking them for a test drive. ;)

Offline dkpbone

Need some help choosing PCR sights.....
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »
I've read in different forums people with the TFX not having a POA/POI problem and then also there are those like myself who have POA/POI being low. I love the TFX on my PCR but do not want to deal with having to adjust all the time.  I took the TFX rear sights off and I put my factory rears back on. Can still see the front TFX well enough. Will report back after I go to the range tomorrow if it corrected my POI being low. I'm thinking it will and I will have saved myself some money since I've already invested in the TFX sights. If I'm still low, I can bump up to a size 5 on my rear sight up to a 6 I believe to try and correct it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:57:57 PM by dkpbone »

Offline puddintame

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »
I have this rear sight. it perfect for me....https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/cz-rear-sights-all/pcr/cz-pcr-short-tac-rear-sight.html
and it lines up with a 5.5mm front/tritium sight of your choice

http://imgur.com/a/NjahW
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:15:05 PM by puddintame »

Offline katavatra

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »
Have you considered TruGlo TFX ?
     Swapped factory sights to truglo tfx.  stock sights .. hated em . tru glow love em

Offline viking499

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »
Have you considered TruGlo TFX ?
     Swapped factory sights to truglo tfx.  stock sights .. hated em . tru glow love em

Change you POI any?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »
Enjoying this thread. I'm having a similar dilemma choosing better sights for my P-01 and RAMI.

I have CZ standard TruDot tritium's on now and they're just OK.  I have two Sub-Compact Sigs for Summer pocket carry that have bigger three dot tritium 'Siglights' that I like better. I have plenty of target guns, some with FO, some Reflex Optics. I'm looking to upgrade my CZ sidearm carry gun sights. But I want a bigger front dot for faster defensive target acquisition. I'm hearing mixed reviews on TFX.

Has anyone tried XS System BIG Dots?  
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline jh225

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 08:05:45 PM »
I have the CGW/Dawson FO sights on my PCR. I think they work just fine. Too many people worry about tritium night sights and I never understood why.

If someone breaks in your house in the middle of the night, I would bet that 99.9% of the folks out there will have enough ambient light that the tritium isn't going to be a factor at all. Seriously, whose house is absolutely pitch black, can't see you hand in front of your face darkness?

The other major factor is that if you do happen to have to use your weapon at night, 2 things come into play. First is that point and shoot distance will be pretty much the only time you will fire a weapon at another human, and second is that your adrenaline will be pumping and you won't even remember nor have the time to line up your sights anyway. It's either going to be instinctive point and shoot or find the front sight with any available ambient light, put that front sight COM and fire. I know everyone likes to train or think like Rambo, but in the real world, it just doesn't work like that.

Pick the sights that will help you in daylight and towards dusk/dawn. All the other stuff is just fluff.