Author Topic: Best new pistol shooting student ever!!  (Read 623 times)

Offline Joe L

Best new pistol shooting student ever!!
« on: July 07, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
God gives the gift of trigger control to some people, the rest of us have to earn it!  Here is a video I made explaining the target results from today's bullseye range visit with a young lady who had not shot a .22 pistol before, much less one with a red dot.  Phenomenal results.

Video will finish uploading by 9:30pm CDT Friday evening.  Video is 9 minutes long. 

This if fun.  This is not easy for most people.  April is the exception.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline copemech

Re: Best new pistol shooting student ever!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
A natural! O0

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:57:10 AM »
At the first of the summer, before I took the interns to the shooting range the first time, to shoot the 9mm pistols, I tried a little dry fire experiment using the MantisX on a P-09.  The MantisX is a dry fire training deviice used with an iPhone to measure how much movement a shooter induces when pulling the trigger.  One intern averaged high 80's.  I averaged low 90's.  April averaged mid-90's!! 

I suspected after that informal bit of data gathering that I had a shooter that could learn very quickly how to shoot a pistol well.  Sure enough, at the range, with the 9mm, she shot exceptionally well.  I didn't try the MantisX device on the gun during live fire, but I might next trip out, just to confirm the correlation between gun trigger pull movement scores and target scores.  So far, there is a very good correlation, especially with new shooters. 

My other intern also shot well, just not as well initially as April.  My other shooter, as a beginner, is more like me and most first time shooters--we add some movement to the gun by changing the tension in our grip while pulling the trigger.  Until we learn to pull the trigger without moving the gun, we can't get all 10 shots in the black on each target.  We have to learn to do this.  April can already do it.

Joe

CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »
It's great that you're teaching people to handle and shoot handguns properly.
Sounds like you were having more fun than the students!
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA