Author Topic: poor mans safety fix  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Destructo6

Re: poor mans safety fix
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
I worked on the more disposable part, which was the safety drum and the index points on it, instead of the pack housing point
Whoops. Did you check the costs on those parts?

The Safety Plug (or drum PN 366004700702) is $35, but the Trigger Case (PN 366003200702 ) is only $18.

The pricing doesn't make sense to me, either, but that folded metal Trigger Case is the cheapest part in the entire lower, save the springs/pins.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 06:11:51 PM »
The rest of my reasoning, you skipped I guess. 

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
Not really. Came at it from a cost standpoint, which is would seem to be the point of the thread, based on the thread title.

I started with a little rounding of the contact points, then ended with bending of the detent finger. The first made some difference, the latter made a lot of difference.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
Not really. Came at it from a cost standpoint, which is would seem to be the point of the thread, based on the thread title.

I started with a little rounding of the contact points, then ended with bending of the detent finger. The first made some difference, the latter made a lot of difference.

The cost of a hammer, trigger, disconnector etc if you have already cut on those parts and the new trigger pack does not hold the same alignment...

Check those...

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »
Oh yeah, I've looked into those: the prices are insane. What is it, $90 for the hammer alone?

I was thinking about the viability of a JP Trigger-ish setup and putting some set screws on the stops for the trigger (fore/aft) and disconnector, instead of using shims, but the cost of a likely screw up is astronomical. And since I no longer have access to a mill, I'd have to farm out that part of the screw-up, too.

Wonder if Bill Springfield or Bruce Gray would be interested...probably no less expensive.

anything