Author Topic: Worn out Kadet IS STILL a bullseye match gun  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Joe L

Worn out Kadet IS STILL a bullseye match gun
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »
Well, this went well today.  Best 600 practice match results ever, 569/600, cherry picking 2 slow fire, 2 timed fire, and 2 rapid fire targets out of 12.  I cleaned a timed fire target, but struggled at rapid fire, of all things.  Fair at the long line, but 100-5x and 99-5x for timed fire helped a bunch. 

Here is a video that won't finish uploading until about 5:30 CDT for anyone interested in the details. 

This is fun.  This is not easy.  Especially shooting a P-10C after 120 rounds through a Kadet.  Don't do that.  :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline K3JB

Re: Worn out Kadet IS STILL a bullseye match gun
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 10:22:23 PM »
Nice Joe for a "worn out Kadet". I am waiting for my P10c to see how it will
work compared to my other Cz's. Should be interesting. As they say-stay tuned.....
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline baldrage

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:13:27 AM »
That is some very impressive shooting!  Just out of curiosity, what ammo do you use?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »
That is some very impressive shooting!  Just out of curiosity, what ammo do you use?

Norma Tac-22 at 25, sometimes Norma Match at 50, but I can't tell much difference.  My attitude has more effect than the ammo, I think.
Joe

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:38:02 AM »
Hello, nice shooting for a "worn out" kit!!! When you say worn out, are you talking about the barrel? Some time ago, you thought your barrel may have been shot out, but you cleaned it well, and felt it could go more.
You had near 50k rounds thru it, if I remember right. What does it  have now? What can someone expect to get out of a Kadet kit?
I apologize if I have you confused with someone else's previous posts. I think I followed some of your older threads?

Thanks for sharing

Rich

Offline Joe L

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »
Rich, a good cleaning of the barrel got it back to like new.  I don't have any idea how many rounds it will take before it is truly shot out.  I haven't bought a spare yet.  Still around 50k right now, as I haven't been shooting it as much since getting the P-10C and missing some bullseye matches due to other commitments. 

Joe

skin

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »
 You're still the man!

Offline alfonzo

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »
I have a Kadet kit from the late 1990's when CZ first came into the U.S.  I have put thousands of rounds through the kit on my CZ 75 frame.  I have noticed no loss of accuracy, if anything perhaps it is even more accurate.  I believe that CZ uses a hammer forged barrel in their Kadet and current Kadet .22 lr kits, for the CZ 75, P0 7, and P0 9, kits.  Seems like shooting out a .22 lr barrel would take perhaps a lot more than 50,000 rds.   

In fact my Walther PPK in .22 lr which was made in 1967 has had well over 50,000 rds throughout the years, has had no loss of accuracy, and in looking in the barrel I can notice no wear.  It was one of my first handgun, and back in the day 500 rds of .22 lr ammo could be had for sometimes less than $5 per brick, and it was a cheap shooter compared to the PPK .380 caliber I could have purchased at the time.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »
I have a Kadet kit from the late 1990's when CZ first came into the U.S.  I have put thousands of rounds through the kit on my CZ 75 frame.  I have noticed no loss of accuracy, if anything perhaps it is even more accurate.  I believe that CZ uses a hammer forged barrel in their Kadet and current Kadet .22 lr kits, for the CZ 75, P0 7, and P0 9, kits.  Seems like shooting out a .22 lr barrel would take perhaps a lot more than 50,000 rds.   

In fact my Walther PPK in .22 lr which was made in 1967 has had well over 50,000 rds throughout the years, has had no loss of accuracy, and in looking in the barrel I can notice no wear.  It was one of my first handgun, and back in the day 500 rds of .22 lr ammo could be had for sometimes less than $5 per brick, and it was a cheap shooter compared to the PPK .380 caliber I could have purchased at the time.

Welcome to the Forum Alfonzo
Yeah, it seems a nice 22 is like a nice Wine
I still shoot my late Father's (1945ish) Winchester Model 72 Target

It will still shoot sub 1 inch groups at 50 yards

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:25:23 PM by DenStinett »
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

anything