Author Topic: Hello from WI, P-09 owner  (Read 123 times)

Offline Joe Willy

Hello from WI, P-09 owner
« on: July 09, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »
Hi from Wisconsin Northwoods.

Long-time CZ owner, just acquired a P-09 to go with my 75B. I had considered the 10c but didn't care for the trigger and the P-09 seemed much more robust plus I like a long slide as I am a target shooter mostly. First 100 down the pipe were printing great groups.  The P-09 could be my favorite new pistol along with the Canik TP9SA. I must say that foreign-made guns, along with foreign cars, are superior to U.S. made stuff. It pains me to say that. But my other keepers are a Beretta 92, a Walther PPQ and a Norinco 213 in 9. I did, however, dump my Taurus 92, which had major issues.

My P-09 wears Talon grips as do all my semi pistols. I also opted for the safety model instead of the decocker, not only cheaper but makes more sense to me to carry cocked-and-locked.  Got the last one from Buds for 415 shipped, which I thought was a helluva deal.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:27:53 PM by Joe Willy »

Offline czsuby

Re: Hello from WI, P-09 owner
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 07:26:05 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline Badger54

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
A warm welcome from Illinois and congratulations on your new P09!

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »
Welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

Classic collectible "USGI 1911s",  full size "SIG Sauers"  and  "CZ" sport pistols   have always been among my favourite guns.
For the range I have owned  CZs, TANFOGLIOs   and half a dozen  SIG Sauers;    great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the SIG Sauer P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
I collected for years, then  not long ago I realized that a huge pile of guns wasn't making my life any better, so  I decided to  thin my collection and enjoy the still too many guns that I had in my safe. 
So for now no more new guns for a while, but since  I've always been a 1911 aficionado I decided to keep my small collection of 1911s,  and use  SIG Sauers, TANFOGLIO and the CZ at the range.
With guns I still learn something new almost every day,  and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After more than 38 years of guns-ownership and reloading,   I still enjoy shooting  steel plates and going to the range at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good.
Sergio

Before you start collecting guns... buy books! Don't collect something that you'll be forever making excuses for, be careful not to get drawn to a piece that is not original, and buy the gun not the story.

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
Welcome from central Ohio and congrats on the P-09 acquisition.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:46 PM »
Welcome from the Mountains.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC