Author Topic: Hello from WI, P-09 owner  (Read 423 times)

Offline Joe Willy

Hello from WI, P-09 owner
« on: July 09, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »
Hi from Wisconsin Northwoods.

Long-time CZ owner, just acquired a P-09 to go with my 75B. I had considered the 10c but didn't care for the trigger and the P-09 seemed much more robust plus I like a long slide as I am a target shooter mostly. First 100 down the pipe were printing great groups.  The P-09 could be my favorite new pistol along with the Canik TP9SA. I must say that foreign-made guns, along with foreign cars, are superior to U.S. made stuff. It pains me to say that. But my other keepers are a Beretta 92, a Walther PPQ and a Norinco 213 in 9. I did, however, dump my Taurus 92, which had major issues.

My P-09 wears Talon grips as do all my semi pistols. I also opted for the safety model instead of the decocker, not only cheaper but makes more sense to me to carry cocked-and-locked.  Got the last one from Buds for 415 shipped, which I thought was a helluva deal.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:27:53 PM by Joe Willy »

Offline czsuby

Re: Hello from WI, P-09 owner
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 07:26:05 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline Badger54

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
A warm welcome from Illinois and congratulations on your new P09!

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »
Welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

Classic collectible "USGI 1911s",  full size "SIG Sauers"  and  "CZ" sport pistols   have always been among my favourite guns.
For the range I have owned  CZs, TANFOGLIOs   and half a dozen  SIG Sauers;    great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the SIG Sauer P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
I collected for years, then  not long ago I realized that a huge pile of guns wasn't making my life any better, so  I decided to  thin my collection and enjoy the still too many guns that I had in my safe. 
So for now no more new guns for a while, but since  I've always been a 1911 aficionado I decided to keep my small collection of 1911s,  and use  SIG Sauers, TANFOGLIO and the CZ at the range.
With guns I still learn something new almost every day,  and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After more than 38 years of guns-ownership and reloading,   I still enjoy shooting  steel plates and going to the range at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good.
Sergio

Learning is impossible without humility.

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
Welcome from central Ohio and congrats on the P-09 acquisition.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:46 PM »
Welcome from the Mountains.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.