Author Topic: CZ 75 SA question - hammer related  (Read 1734 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
CZ 75 SA question - hammer related
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:53:52 AM »
I had noticed earlier that my youngest son's CZ 75 SA did not have a half cock notch on the hammer.  Probably not a big issue since it only seemed to require extra effort when breaking it down for a cleaning (couldn't just put the hammer on half cock and move the slide back till it touched the hammer, you had to hold it different and visually line things up before pushing the slide stop partially out.)

He bought a "race hammer" a few weeks back and we installed that and even that hammer has a half cock notch.

Any reason why the factor hammers don't have a half cock notch, or was that hammer different and most folks with CZ 75 SA's do have a half cock notch on the hammer?

Just curious.  Being the only one I'd ever fooled with I just figured it was something to do with the SA design, till we got the race hammer installed.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Earl Keese

Re: CZ 75 SA question - hammer related
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »
I don't have an SA, but out of curiosity I checked an OEM TS hammer that I have and it has a half cock notch. I assumed the 75 SA used a standard DA/SA hammer since there isn't a replacement SA hammer listed on the CZ website.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »
I do not own a 75SA. All of my CZs have the half cock notch including the Tac Sport. This is the first i have heard of any 75 variant hammer without one. Was there a second hole in the CZ SA hammer for a disconector?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
My TS .40 S&W has the aftermarket hammer installed in it (still) and it has a half cock notch, too.

I'll have to ask my son about the original hammer for the SA.  We put it in the zip lock bag, wrote CZ 75 SA hammer on the bag and he took it home with him.

edited to add:

Oh, that's nice.  All the years I've messed with M1 Garands and never got the M1 thumb.

I just got the TS .40 S&W out, was messing with it to look at the half cock notch and the full cock notch and cock it, let the hammer, down to the half cock notch, etc. and pinched the snot out of left thumb trying to drop it from full cock to half cock.  That trigger is just downright scary light/easy.  Right on the side near the nail.  Nice little blood blister.  Man did that hurt for a minute.  I'm make sure to NOT try to do that again.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:08:54 PM by M1A4ME »
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 04:34:49 PM »
Got bit by the TS, maybe it was just lonely.  :D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:27:53 PM »
It's the inside of the left thumb, not the right thumb, so working the safety on the CZ's is unaffected.  That's a good thing.

Offline czluvr

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »
Just looked at my SA and no half cock.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
Just looked at my SA and no half cock.

Thanks for that info.  So it's not just the one.

I wonder if all of them are that way?  And why the TS pistols (also SA) aren't made the same way (maybe no firing pin block on the TS is the difference)?

Offline glg20

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 08:45:10 AM »
I just purchased a new CZ 75SA two days ago. Pistol is dated 2017. No half cock notch. My only other CZ handgun is a 2003 Kadet and it does have a half cock. :o

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 01:23:53 PM »
Mine either

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
I wonder what the reasoning behind this is?

The CZ 75 SA has the firing pin block safety parts, but no half cock notch on the hammer.

The CZ TS is also single action only, does not have the firing pin block safety parts, but it does have the half cock notch on the hammer (at least on the competition/race hammer that was installed on mine when I got it.)

Curious that two CZ SAO pistols would be set up different.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:14 PM »
My 2001 B-SA has a Half Cocked Notch in its Factory Hammer
Odd thing about it, the Hammer will drop from the HCN, when you pull the Trigger
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Longshanks

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 01:54:10 PM »
I do remember asking this same thing. I have absolutley no idea why , but and I was told that some do and some don't .

I remember asking cause when I installed the race hammer in mine ( with notch ) I filed it down, as it could be dropped from half cock by pulling the trigger , which I did not like at all. It prob does not have enough momentum to set a primer off , but I did not want the confusion of a dropping hammer.

I probably needed to do some other modifiction to rectify this , but I remember I could not figure out any other way than file it down, and when I read that some do not have it I kind of relaxed a bit.

Mine is a 75B so it comes with a firing pin block . Since I had modded the gun myself I did not want to risk any accidents so I left the FPB in there. The gun worked flawlessly for hundreds of rounds so I am quite confident in it. But the FPB stayed. I bought all extra parts, so I can revert back to original state any time. It is a fun gun for the range , so I'm not too worried .
Shoot for fun and shoot safe !
Cz75 SP-01 Shadow   
Cz75 B Stainless  
Cz 453 Varmint
77' Walther P1           
2006 Taurus 689 6" STAINLESS
2012 Taurus 689 4" BLUE
Dan Wesson PM7-45
Hatsan MP 12g pump-action
Hatsan PS Marine Guard 12g Semi
Sabatti Tactical S .223 rem

anything