Author Topic: Weird "burr" on spent reloaded case  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Son of the Gael

Re: Weird "burr" on spent reloaded case
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:11 AM »
I'm simply suffering from OCD and can't stand the superficial burrs  ::)
Suffering? Enjoy it instead!

Haha I guess you're right. If I'm OCD-like, then I should be better at catching my mess ups.

LOL, OCD doesn't properly kick in until you start loading for rifles.  Get yourself a .223.

Offline skin

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 12:22:53 PM »
 One of the other posters may have hit on something, no pun intended. The extractor shows a lot of brass marking on it. My guess would be too high slide velocity. Too light recoil spring?

Online mr5parkle

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »
I just tested one of my BRY 124 HBRN-TP bullets seating it in a sized case.  Mine read .378 when I was right on the R&P case mouth.
Adding .0005"-.001" for the taper crimp is adding half or a full dia. of a human hair to the TP. ;D

PS  My R&P brass measured about the same: some checks .011 some .0115  My digital caliper is the Harbour Freight special. ::)

Thanks for sharing your specs with me. I'd like to think my Mitutoyo calipers are accurate. Oh, the joys of reloading  ::)

LOL, OCD doesn't properly kick in until you start loading for rifles.  Get yourself a .223.

Haha, someday I wanna get into long guns and reloading, but my CZ455 will have to do for now

One of the other posters may have hit on something, no pun intended. The extractor shows a lot of brass marking on it. My guess would be too high slide velocity. Too light recoil spring?
Yea, someone did question which spring I was using (currently using 13 lb spring) . But, on my last trip out, I forgot the spring. I will definitely follow up with the stock spring on my next outing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:30:12 PM by mr5parkle »