Author Topic: Got my kit yesterday  (Read 434 times)

Offline Old-Duckman

Got my kit yesterday
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »
I guess you could call it "new, old stock". It is absolutely unused, got it from Gun Broker for $309.99 shipped. It is a Kadet, not a Kadet 2, date on the slide is "08".

Was deciding between 3 possible hosts, SP01 Tactical, Cold War Commerative or CZ 75 BD Police. Think the Police will be the one. I measured all three frames and they are all within .001 of each other so once fit it should work on any one of them anyway.

I noticed that it does not come with a separate slide stop. The manual that came with it does not show one as part of the kit so I assume that was an addition to the Kadet 2 kit..? Did the earlier versions have issues with holding the slide back after the last round?

I'm guessing a 0.003 to 0.005 clearance between the frame and the forward end of the slide should probably be good, I'll do it by file/fit, file/fit but will measure as I go. Will fit it tonight if nothing else comes in the way and hope to test fire it this weekend.

Anything I should know about the version 1 vs 2 ?

Offline Boris_LA

Re: Got my kit yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »
Kadet slide stop was added to Kadet II kit. Before that CZ-USA was sending per request the regular cz75b 9mm slide stop to be used on frames other then 9mm basic frame. The original slide stop from CZ 75B(D) 9mm is identical to Kadet Slide Stop and will work. For CZ75B 40cal you will need a different SS for slide to stay open on empty magazine.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »
I've never had to use the supplied slide stops in the Kadet 2 kits......pretty much always use the original stops that came with the host frame gun with no issues.  :)

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:32:50 AM »
I have noticed that some guns work with the original slide stop, and others do not. I would imagine it is the model and frame variations. If the kit was "new old stock" a call to CZ will get you a free slide stop if needed.

The function test is install the kit,  and hand cycle the slide. The slide should move freely, and lock back. If when hand cycling it for the 1st time, you feel tremendous resistance, and the slide will not fully go rearward, you need a new slide stop.
Also, try this with the mag in if it passes the first test. The mag should hold open the slide, if installed empty.

Good luck and enjoy

Rich

Offline Steve B

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
From my experience, the slide stop can have a possible problem locking back with older kits when used on wider frames such as the aluminum P-01.
I have recently been going back and forth with CZ via email attempting to get a stop that will reliably lock back on an empty mag when my (2000) Kadet adapter is mounted on my (2003) P-01.
They were supposed to be sending a replacement stop (the old kits did not include one) about two weeks ago but so far I haven't seen anything.

No lock back issues when the kit is mounted on my (2004) CZ 75B Original or (1993) CZ-75C.
Regards,
Steve

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 07:08:53 PM »
From my experience, the slide stop can have a possible problem locking back with older kits when used on wider frames such as the aluminum P-01.
I have recently been going back and forth with CZ via email attempting to get a stop that will reliably lock back on an empty mag when my (2000) Kadet adapter is mounted on my (2003) P-01.
They were supposed to be sending a replacement stop (the old kits did not include one) about two weeks ago but so far I haven't seen anything.

No lock back issues when the kit is mounted on my (2004) CZ 75B Original or (1993) CZ-75C.
    This is correct. To lock back on the P01, it requires the PCR slide release. They have since made a "Kadet/PCR" release that is made out of the same lighter material as the Kadet release. (That's the one they sent me.)
   Hopefully it gets to you soon. I've read where the holiday threw shipping off a bit. That may be the issue. Have you called CZ USA to check on it? Just curious, did they charge you? It's supposed to be sent free of charge, says so right in the video on their site. I had to point that out to get mine.

If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Steve B

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
Been busy with other tasks so I haven't spoken with them.
The person who eventually responded to my email did state it would be sent gratis, however.
Their email response has been spotty and direct emails to the person who did respond are kicked back by their server.

Not that big of an issue but if I get time I'll try to call this week.
Having dealt with their service before I'm certain it will be worked out.
Regards,
Steve

Offline Steve B

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
Been busy so I had neglected contacting CZ until yesterday (8/11).
Sent them an email that managed to get through and a replacement slide stop is already in the mail.  :D
Regards,
Steve