Author Topic: CZ75 BD POLICE Safety  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Ejwerik1

CZ75 BD POLICE Safety
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »
New to the world of CZ. Recently acquired a 75 bd police with some CGW internals. Was told it had the CGW trigger bar, sear, sear cage, and trigger. It's set up as a S/A only, which makes no sense to me with the decocker. I would like to add a safety instead of the decocker, any suggestions? Would eventually like to shoot it in IDPA.

Thanks

SPO1SHADOW

Re: CZ75 BD POLICE Safety
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
Just to set the record straight CGW's does not make a sear cage or a trigger bar. They do offer them for sale but i believe these are OEM parts. In order to put your gun back to its original state you would need a double action trigger and a disconnector installed. CGW's does make and offer these items as improved units over the OEM units. This assuming that your gun has the SAO trigger installed in it now. You cannot convert your gun to the manual safety version, it would need to remain a decocker but once you add the correct parts it should be legal to use in IDPA. i have no idea why anyone would convert a decocker to SAO  but that is a little different.
I might also add, if they went to that extreme it is very possible they would have removed the firing pin block also, you might want to check on this too while you are at it. Pictures of the gun and its internals would help.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:38:37 AM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline Ejwerik1

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »
Appreciate the reply. I'll try to get some pics posted after work.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »
Just for the record,  CGW did not, nor have we ever, converted any decocker CZ to single action only. 

Let me stress, converting a CZ decocker to SAO is extremely dangerous and can lead to serious injury and death.

We strongly recommend the 75BD in question, be decommissioned, not used, loaded, or fired in any manner, until it is restored to a safe operation condition.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »

We strongly recommend the 75BD in question, be decommissioned, not used, loaded, or fired in any manner, until it is restored to a safe operation condition.

I would co-sign that statement. You have to wonder what in the hell were they thinking.......

Offline Ejwerik1

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 05:43:36 PM »
I just want to get the pistol in good working order. I was going disassemble it this evening to find out exactly what parts are in it, if I can ever find some instructions? Never had a problems with any other firearm but the CZ is a bit different. Any suggestions?  After it's apart I will post some pics.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
If you have never had a decocker apart before i would suggest some YouTube videos. It is one of the more difficult CZ 75's to disassemble if you want to take the sear cage out. You didn't say how far you are taking it apart. If you just want the slide off put the hammer in half cock and pull the slide back until the 2 marks line up on the frame and slide on the rear left of the gun. Once you line up the marks take a screw driver handle or a cloths pin and pop the slide lock out. The slide will come off the gun as soon as the slide lock is extracted.

Offline Ejwerik1

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »
I was thinking of stripping the frame bare. See what's in it, thoroughly clean, and learn the mechanics of the gun. I'm new to CZ not firearms. Well,I guess I'll YouTube and take pictures as I go. I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
This guys shows the full disassembly of the SP-01 Tactical. Internally it is the same as your Police. He has several following videos that go with this one. Hope this helps.

Offline Ejwerik1

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »
Appreciate that. Was just watching a video on the decocker. I may have to wait until tomorrow to tackle this, my eyes and brains just can't focus without sleep. Working 80 hours a week can suck.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
Yes, you will need to be well rested and pack a lunch for this one. The manual safety models are not nearly this difficult to do. The decocker will make you appreciate how easy they are when you are done. Good luck and let us know if you need any help. There are plenty of good people on here that will help you if you find you need it.

Offline Ejwerik1

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 07:22:34 PM »
10-4 and will do.

Offline Ejwerik1

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
How do I add photos?

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 10:22:51 AM »
Check your PM's at the top of the page under my messages.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:37:03 AM by SPO1SHADOW »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 10:35:08 AM »
The best advice about working on a decocker is to take your time. They can get frustrating, and just walking away for a bit has helped me many times. As Shadow said, post up if you run into issues. Someone will be able to walk you thru any issues.
   As to your SA converted BD.... This just gives you the chance to do a full rebuild with Cajun magic.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.