Author Topic: Help identifying CZ75 model  (Read 436 times)

Offline chogness

Help identifying CZ75 model
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:13:28 PM »
I purchased my first handgun a few months ago. A compact CZ75 and I am in love with it.

I realize there are several models of the CZ75 line, and I am having a hard time identifying which model I have. I have a compact CZ75, with a light rail, and NO decocker. The side of the slide simply reads "CZ75" and does not include anything such as "P-01" as I assumed was the model I have. It appears to be the exact same model as the CZ75 P-01, but like I said, there is no decocker.

Any ideas? Is it just an older model of the compact? I purchased new

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Help identifying CZ75 model
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »
I purchased my first handgun a few months ago. A compact CZ75 and I am in love with it.

I realize there are several models of the CZ75 line, and I am having a hard time identifying which model I have. I have a compact CZ75, with a light rail, and NO decocker. The side of the slide simply reads "CZ75" and does not include anything such as "P-01" as I assumed was the model I have. It appears to be the exact same model as the CZ75 P-01, but like I said, there is no decocker.

Not totally sure without seeing pictures but it sounds like you have one of these....

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83224.0

Long thread, but it's the evolution of what we found out. Congrats on a unique compact cz!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline chogness

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »

Not totally sure without seeing pictures but it sounds like you have one of these....

Long thread, but it's the evolution of what we found out. Congrats on a unique compact cz!

There she is! Thanks a ton for the neat information, guess I got pretty lucky haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:22:20 PM »

There she is! Thanks a ton for the neat information, guess I got pretty lucky haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh yes, one of the "SP-01 Compacts". You've got one of 1600 from a military or police contract that fell through. Every one I worked on had pretty rough hammer hooks. These take very very well to a race or competition hammer. I put a Tactical Sport left side safe on mine, since my hands are huge and I didn't do great with the flat safety. There's threads on all the compatible parts and upgrade testing if you need them (they should be in that long thread, but let me know if you need them). Enjoy, these are fantastic pistols!

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline whiskeybravo

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »
I was in the same situation when I bought my first CZ compact last year. Long story short, I ended up directly calling CZ-USA during their normal business hours and, upon providing them the serial number on the pistol, they told me within 10 seconds that I had a hybrid model, specifically a hybrid between a "P01" and a "PCR" ... he even gave me the gun's internal SKU number which was 99003.  He did confirm that I would not find this in their online catalog or web site due to its origin at the time.

So, my advice is to call them to get a quick answer.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:32:49 PM by whiskeybravo »