Author Topic: Early morning range practice with handguns (07/13/17) at 100 yards.  (Read 167 times)

Offline Shimakaze

I decided to hit the range again in the early morning: 0800 hrs on 07/13/17.  My family accompanied me and wanted to see my practice at 100 yards with my 1988 Bulgarian Makarov (9x18) and Glock 40 MOS Longslide 10mm.  I also wanted to have some fun with my CCW pistol (HK P30LS V3).

I know they are not CZs, but I wanted to get some trigger time on some of my other tools. 

Bulgarian Makarov (1988, 9x18) and Glock 40 MOS Longslide (10mm).  Ammo used:  9x18 Brown Bear 94 gr FMJ, 10mm Double Tap 180 gr Gold Dot @ 1300 fps and 9x19 Sellier and Bellot 115r FMJ.

Some fun with my HK P30LS V3

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Very cool shooting!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
We don't discriminate - all guns are welcome at the range! :D Very nice, sir, very nice indeed.

Offline Joe L

Those were great!  I haven't tried standing 2 handed at 100 recently, especially with open sights.  I would have had to walk back to the shooting table slowly, let my heart rate settle down, taken a swig of Diet Dr. Pepper, relaxed, then shot.  I don't think I could have hit the plate as many times as you did after jogging back, picking up the gun and firing away. 

You are going to need another pie plate soon.   :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, several SIG P226's, AR-15, Savage 308 bolt gun,

Offline Shimakaze

Thanks guys.

I wanted to do some testing and video with my 1988 Makarov to show one of my friends that the 9x18 round can hit targets beyond 15 yards (which my friend believed was the effective range/capabilities of that pistol) and still have energy to much through a metal pizza pan.

The little jog helps get the heart rate up and make it interesting engaging targets at longer than normal handgun ranges. 

Prior to the video, I did better with my alongside Glock 40 MOS than the Makarov.  When the filming began, the little Makarov shot better.......  :o

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Those were great!  I haven't tried standing 2 handed at 100 recently, especially with open sights.  I would have had to walk back to the shooting table slowly, let my heart rate settle down, taken a swig of Diet Dr. Pepper, relaxed, then shot.  I don't think I could have hit the plate as many times as you did after jogging back, picking up the gun and firing away. 

You are going to need another pie plate soon.   :) :)

Joe

My solution to the same issue of running: I keep a mini oxygen tank (think James Bond for a sneaky dive) laying next to my Mtn Dew. Quick trot out and back, then a few swigs of Dew, and a few huffs of oxygen and I'm good to go! Same goes for mountain biking... One of my water bottle holders has a water bottle of Mtn Dew and the other holder has a bottle of oxygen. It's incredibly effective!  O0 O0 O0 

total sarcasm...
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)