Author Topic: Difference in hammers  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Morbid1X

Difference in hammers
« on: July 16, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
Can someone tell me the main difference other than looks, between cz custom race and cgw hammers? I know they both offer improvement over stock, why would I want one over the other?

Offline bigmatt17073

Re: Difference in hammers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
The CZC Comp hammer is a factory part so it is a legal upgrade for IDPA. The CGW hammers are not IDPA legal, but are USPSA production legal. I have examples of both in my CZ'S and can't tell a difference in the SA trigger break. But, I can tell a difference during the install as the CGW hammer pin holes are a tighter tolerance than the CZC hammer.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:29:42 PM »
Thanks, I don't shoot competition. For me it will come down to looks, if overall feel is roughly the same

Offline asimonp79

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »
I double what bigmat wrote with one more detail.
Since the CZCustom hammer is from CZ factory- it is also legal for IPSC production ( if any of you guys go to Europe to compete) .
But the CZ CajunWorks- is not, it is " non factory made"
Same things goes for oversized disconnector.
The CZC sells disconnector from original CZ 75 pre-B model
The disconnector is oversized and therefor the SA pull travel is highly reduced.
Now

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
I have installed the CZ custom production legal and the CGW  Race hammer in my CZ75 SA.  The SA has the CGW light trigger spring,11lb hammer spring and polished insides. The CZ hammer gave about 1/2 lb less trigger pull. BUT the  CGW gave a noticably cleaner sharper break and I like it much better. Its also easier to cock if you have one of the CGW   EZ/D rear sights . I installed the CGW ring hammer on my  SA/DA  CZ  75 with the same results

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
I have installed the CZ custom production legal and the CGW  Race hammer in my CZ75 SA.  The SA has the CGW light trigger spring,11lb hammer spring and polished insides. The CZ hammer gave about 1/2 lb less trigger pull. BUT the  CGW gave a noticably cleaner sharper break and I like it much better. Its also easier to cock if you have one of the CGW   EZ/D rear sights . I installed the CGW ring hammer on my  SA/DA  CZ  75 with the same results

That's interesting, I ended up putting a CGW hammer in my sp01. I really like the looks of the cz custom hammer in comparison to the CGW race hammer. I'm going to do a trigger job on a 75sa and I'm gonna go cz custom hammer on that one from what I understand you can't go wrong either way. Shooting a customized CZ is like cheating  O0

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 05:24:02 PM »
My youngest son has a CZ 75 SA.  We polished the internals and changed out some parts and had the trigger pull down just under 3 lb. and a very nice break.

He ordered a CGW Race Hammer for it and after we installed that his trigger pull is now around 2&1/4 lbs.  He's very happy with it.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »
Which CZC Comp hammer are you all referring to?
"We think the 'xXx' is a sweet pistol, but like most CZ's, there is going to be some fine tuning to Americanize it."  -Schmeky a.k.a. CGW a.k.a. David

CZ Shadow 2 (9mm)(Cajun Seasoning)
CZ 97B (.45 ACP)(Cajunized)
CZ P-09 FDE (9mm)(Cajunized)
CZ P-10 C FDE (9mm)(...)

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:08 PM »
Thanks, I don't shoot competition. For me it will come down to looks, if overall feel is roughly the same

I feel like a more traditional shape, the CZC hammer is nice. Personally I like the looks of the CGW race hammer. It's sexy.
"We think the 'xXx' is a sweet pistol, but like most CZ's, there is going to be some fine tuning to Americanize it."  -Schmeky a.k.a. CGW a.k.a. David

CZ Shadow 2 (9mm)(Cajun Seasoning)
CZ 97B (.45 ACP)(Cajunized)
CZ P-09 FDE (9mm)(Cajunized)
CZ P-10 C FDE (9mm)(...)

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 08:37:32 PM »
The CZ comp hammer I bought is the one CGW sells, didnt know there was more than one . In my case the difference was noticable  with the CGW race hammer the better

Offline novacz

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 09:25:21 PM »
Earlier this year (http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86823.msg654039#msg654039) David posted difference in hook heights between the Shadow 2 hammer, CZC Comp hammer, and the CGW race hammer.

This is a comparison of hammer hook heights, from the sear bed to the top of the hammer hooks:

S-2 = .028"
CZC = .025"
CGW = .016"

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 12:10:55 AM »
I ended up dropping the CGW RACE HAMMER in a sp01. It is amazing to say the least, I think I like the looks of the czc hammer but I'm am very happy with my purchase. I also added the ultra light kit and rp trigger spring and floating trigger pin. Along with some polishing in all the right places, I couldn't have asked for more. I did it myself so that makes it even more satisfying.  I love CZs! The 97b is next.......

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 01:28:00 AM »
I prefer CGW.

I have a CZC NP3 coated hammer right now, but I just paid CGW for a CGW NP3 coated hammer :D Absolutely can't wait to get it.