Author Topic: New(to me)Old Rami  (Read 1906 times)

Offline tc1947

New(to me)Old Rami
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »
I was browsing Armslist this morning and came across one of those deals that put me in "implus  buy" mode.

A Rami for 300.  Only one mag and it's  very early 2003 production(sn: A09--) and after I cleaned it up a little,  I'd say it's in VG+ condition, just some slight holster wear..  doesn't appear to have been shot much at all. :)

Just wondering if there's anything I should know about early production rami's. Problems? Recalls?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: New(to me)Old Rami
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »
Is it alloy frame or polymer? That's a great buy from what you're describing! Pics?
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline tc1947

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »
It has a alloy frame. 
Having computer issues and pics are a problem, but it's still showing on armslist(indiana)

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:12 PM »
Safety or Decocker?

Sounds like a great deal.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 09:22:38 PM »
The polymer frames had occasional problems with bulging so they discontinued them. No Poly, no problem with bulging.

The larger recoil spring takes a lot of force so it wears out every 500 rounds or so. Doubt yours is there, but just FYI.

CZ's come with thick grease to protect them. This includes the magazines. The pistols are supposed to be cleaned of that heavy grease before use, but many people miss the magazines. Break them down and clean them thoroughly. With a used gun it's probably good to give it a thorough cleaning and new lube just so you start fresh on your terms anyway.

I've  heard  heard that some are ammo sensitive... Mine hasn't been so far and I'm not sure of the cause and if it is very often. Forums are a place where people generally come for help so it's tough to really  know the true frequency rate of ammo sensitivity. Those are the main things I know of.

Oh be careful not to over tighten the grip screws.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 10:36:24 PM »
That's an awesome find!! Congrats.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Ruber

New(to me)Old Rami
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »
Very cool, don't see many early RAMI around, would love to see some pics!!!

I love my '04 RAMI (A029084), it was my introduction to CZ pistols...

Recoil spring rate, magazines, and feed ramp all underwent some tweaking in the early days.  IF you are expecting ftf's, try new springs/mags.

One thing to note, my original guide rod/recoil spring assembly is very easy to service.  I'm ot sure if/when the design has changed, but have seen where folks are now having greater difficulty replacing springs only.  If you have one that is easy to work on, hold onto it.

The early guns can be great shooters.  Here's an '03 press release on the RAMI for fun:
http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-2075-rami-sub-compact-to-be-introduced-at-2004-shot-show/

Need photos...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:57:11 PM by Ruber »

Offline Psyop96

New(to me)Old Rami
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 02:32:51 AM »
Sounds like a nice score! Yours probably has the older style slide with the front serrations?

Regarding the grip screws, the RAMI uses grip screw sleeves that are sort of oval or race track shaped (not round) so they have to be aligned the right way within the cut in the frame before installing the screws.

Edit: it's been awhile since I futzed with the grips. It's the cut in the stock grips that line up with the sleeves. I place a finger inside the frame to hold the sleeves in place while tightening the screws. Or at least that's what I recall after a few beers at a Bene?ov pub
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:28:41 PM by Psyop96 »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:41:51 AM »
I'd heard about the older ones with the front slide serrations and that they removed them because they added the cut in the slide. I hadn't see one and that picture from Ruber is beautiful!

Psyop, can too much tightening (torque) on the screws into the sleeve deform the metal around the sleeve and leave them loose?

Offline tc1947

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
Just got back from the range, about 100rds, various brands, no issues at all. ;)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 08:18:48 PM »
Good to hear!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 01:34:28 PM »
Just got back from the range, about 100rds, various brands, no issues at all. ;)
Very cool! Sounds like a keeper, now we just need to work on the photo thing. ;)

Offline Ruber

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »
I'd heard about the older ones with the front slide serrations [...]I hadn't see one and that picture from Ruber is beautiful!
Thanks!  I plan on getting one of the newer 9mm RAMI's and giving it the cgw treatment like yours.  I've been keeping the '04 one bone stock as it had been a great shooter.  Not sure if it is the vintage or model, but it is certainly a cut above my recent ('13-15) CZ's in the fit and finish department.  I think if my '14 SP01 were my first CZ, it might have been my last too.

Offline tc1947

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

Very cool! Sounds like a keeper, now we just need to work on the photo thing. ;)
[/quote]

Like I said, having computer issues, and my only camera is my iPhone, which died last week, until I get another, no pics.  Been dealing with health issues, priorities.(I joined the "zipper club" last month) :-\

Anyway, you have the same gun, except for the pinky thing on the mag.  I don't know why, but  the Armslist ad is still up, you can look it up(Amrslist Indiana, South Bend )there's a pic there.  I do appreciate your interest
How long have you had yours, and any issues with it?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:28:08 PM by tc1947 »

Offline Ruber

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »
Sorry to hear about the surgery, hope you are doing well.

Just kidding about the photos, though it is nice to see more of the older guns.  I got mine at the end of 2005, the shop was trying to move inventory and the 2075 was not a hot seller then.  It has been trouble free for the most part.  When I shoot my heaviest handloads and the springs aren't 100%, i get some failures to feed, mostly the slide riding over the top of the next round and failing to strip it from the mag.

The pinky extension was short lived for me, it got in the way more than anything, it's back to stock now.

Hope you enjoy yours!

anything