Author Topic: Hello From SoCal  (Read 154 times)

Offline HotrodZ06

Hello From SoCal
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
Hello from Ontario, CA (California that is),

I am in the process of purchasing my first CZ, a 75BD.  I have two Sigs, a Ruger p89 and a Government M1911 A1.  I have always liked the look and feel of a CZ 75, but have never fired one.  In California, there is a minimum 30-day wait period between purchases of a handgun so I won't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks.  I am anxious to take it to the range.

In the meantime, I will be looking at the forum to get better acquainted with the CZ community and the 75BD.

Rod

Offline Firemanjones

Re: Hello From SoCal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:51:48 PM »
Welcome from the Mountains.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC

Offline czsuby

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Welcome from central Ohio.

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:29:34 AM »
Welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

Classic  collectible  "vintage USGI 1911s",  full size "SIG Sauers"  and  "CZ" sport pistols   have always been among my favourite guns.
For the range I have mainly owned  1911s, CZs, and half a dozen  SIG Sauers;    great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the SIG Sauer P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns. 
I collected for years,   then I realized that an ever-taller pile of guns made my life no happier, so  I decided to take a hiatus from it,  I started to thin my collection and decided to enjoy more what I had.   
So no more new guns for a while,  I'm going to keep my small collection of 1911s,  and  for the range I'll reserve mainly the P226s and the Shadow 2.
After more than 38 years of guns-ownership and reloading my own ammunition,   I still enjoy shooting  at the range twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good.
Sergio

Before you start collecting guns... buy books! Don't collect something that you'll be forever making excuses for, be careful not to get drawn to a piece that is not original, and buy the gun not the story.

Offline Galilguy

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »
Hello from Ohio I didn't think you were allowed to have guns in Cali haha

Offline ea1154

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:57:07 PM »
Hello from Texas!
CZ P-01 (All Steel)
CZ 75 BD Police (Pending a trade)
Sig P220
Sig P938