Author Topic: Hello From SoCal  (Read 213 times)

Offline HotrodZ06

Hello From SoCal
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
Hello from Ontario, CA (California that is),

I am in the process of purchasing my first CZ, a 75BD.  I have two Sigs, a Ruger p89 and a Government M1911 A1.  I have always liked the look and feel of a CZ 75, but have never fired one.  In California, there is a minimum 30-day wait period between purchases of a handgun so I won't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks.  I am anxious to take it to the range.

In the meantime, I will be looking at the forum to get better acquainted with the CZ community and the 75BD.

Rod

Offline Firemanjones

Re: Hello From SoCal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:51:48 PM »
Welcome from the Mountains.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Welcome from central Ohio.

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:29:34 AM »
Welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

Classic  collectible  "vintage USGI 1911s",  full size "SIG Sauers"  and  "CZ" sport pistols   have always been among my favourite guns.
For the range I have mainly owned  1911s, CZs, and half a dozen  SIG Sauers;    great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the SIG Sauer P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns. 
I collected for years,   then I realized that an ever-taller pile of guns made my life no happier, so  I decided to take a hiatus from it,  I started to thin my collection and decided to enjoy more what I had.   
So no more new guns for a while,  I'm going to keep my small collection of 1911s,  and  for the range I'll reserve mainly the P226s and the Shadow 2.
After more than 38 years of guns-ownership and reloading my own ammunition,   I still enjoy shooting  at the range twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good.
Sergio

Learning is impossible without humility.

Offline Galilguy

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »
Hello from Ohio I didn't think you were allowed to have guns in Cali haha

Offline ea1154

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:57:07 PM »
Hello from Texas!
CZ P-01 (All Steel)
CZ 75 BD Police (Pending a trade)
Sig P220
Sig P938