Author Topic: What to do - PCR or P-10  (Read 5114 times)

Offline puddintame

Re: What to do - PCR or P-10
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 09:59:05 PM »
I don't consider that silly trigger safety on glocks or any other similar pistol to be safe if the pistol is chambered. my 2 cents

OK, gotta ask......why?
thought my entire post explained it. not just the last half ;)

Offline philco

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »
, carry what you shoot best, and the one you're most confident with. Only you, can make that choice.

Excellent advice .
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:56:39 PM by armoredman »

Offline jh225

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »
I don't consider that silly trigger safety on glocks or any other similar pistol to be safe if the pistol is chambered. my 2 cents

OK, gotta ask......why?
thought my entire post explained it. not just the last half ;)

Not to start an argument or heated discussion, but guns with that "silly trigger safety" have millions upon millions of safely fired rounds and millions of hours on people's hips, with VERY few failures. Just sayin'

If you choose not to use such a thing that's fine, and I'm a huge 1911 guy, but the trigger safety works just fine.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
I own a Cajunized PCR and it is a sweet shooter, but not for me. I am not near as accurate with DA/SA pistol as I am with striker fired ones. It's just the trigger action and not the gun.

I'm not sure what I am expecting here but I am struggling with either selling the PCR and buying P-10 or toughing it out with the PCR. I think I really prefer to consistent trigger pull off a striker fire pistol but love the feel of the PCR and its           4.2 DA / 3.0 SA.

Any thoughts of wisdom is appreciated.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GBO!

Offline TNman

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
I own a Cajunized PCR and it is a sweet shooter, but not for me. I am not near as accurate with DA/SA pistol as I am with striker fired ones. It's just the trigger action and not the gun.

I'm not sure what I am expecting here but I am struggling with either selling the PCR and buying P-10 or toughing it out with the PCR. I think I really prefer to consistent trigger pull off a striker fire pistol but love the feel of the PCR and its           4.2 DA / 3.0 SA.

Any thoughts of wisdom is appreciated.

GBO!
Okay I am a bit slow. What does GBO mean?

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 06:56:02 PM »
That TN in your name must not mean  Tennessee....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TNman

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 08:44:30 AM »
Actually it does. You have a great  looking family there.

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline TNman

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 05:10:16 PM »
Okay - this is my final post to this string. I considered buying  P-10 and decide on what to do with the PCR later. I had a chance to hold a P-10 today and I was very disappointed. To me, the grips we're uncomfortably aggressive, the sights would have to be changed immediately, and the trigger a was not as good as my Sig P-320. What a bummer.

At the same time I held a Sig P-226 Legion SAO. No comparison and would need no customization. The purpose of this message is just to say I plan to move back to Sig. I have tried the RAMI and a customized PCR and for some reason the DA/SA is not best for me.

At least I gave CZ a shot (no pun intended).

Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »
Go Big Orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
Okay - this is my final post to this string. I considered buying  P-10 and decide on what to do with the PCR later. I had a chance to hold a P-10 today and I was very disappointed. To me, the grips we're uncomfortably aggressive, the sights would have to be changed immediately, and the trigger a was not as good as my Sig P-320. What a bummer.

At the same time I held a Sig P-226 Legion SAO. No comparison and would need no customization. The purpose of this message is just to say I plan to move back to Sig. I have tried the RAMI and a customized PCR and for some reason the DA/SA is not best for me.

Sorry to hear that. At least you gave it a shot :) It will be very easy to sell the CZs though!

Offline t107

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 07:13:22 AM »
That PCR looks sweet  ;D

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03:30 AM »
Actually it does. You have a great  looking family there.

You should promptly send me your PCR so it goes to a loving home.    ;D

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »

Well the firearms market is diverse so if you feel Sig will be a better fit for you that's the way you should go. I'm not against Sig in any way and I've handled quite a few and fired a couple but they just personally are not my cup. My PCR still fits the bill for the perfect all around pistol and until something better comes along (don't know what that would be) I'll stay with it.

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 07:14:12 AM »

It always surprises me when people say they like the P320 trigger. It's just my opinion, but that trigger is one of the worst available at the moment. It's got a long take up with a little grit and when it finally breaks it feels like an absolute sponge. There is almost a boing when the trigger is compressed and it resonates through the entire gun into your hands.

I don't get it  ???

Ron M.

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »

It always surprises me when people say they like the P320 trigger. It's just my opinion, but that trigger is one of the worst available at the moment. It's got a long take up with a little grit and when it finally breaks it feels like an absolute sponge. There is almost a boing when the trigger is compressed and it resonates through the entire gun into your hands.

I don't get it  ???

Are you thinking of the P250? that's a DAO pistol, the P320 has a good or better trigger, far superior to a stock Glock or XD. I'm not a fan of striker fired pistols, but the Sig is as good or better than every one I've tried except the Beretta APX.

No striker fired pistol will, to me, shoot as well or have a trigger that can equal a properly tuned DA/SA CZ-75 series  or Beretta 90 series pistol.