Author Topic: Manticore Arms Bren 805 Enhanced Safeties now available!  (Read 629 times)

Offline Manticore_Arms

Manticore Arms Bren 805 Enhanced Safeties now available!
« on: July 20, 2017, 10:45:20 AM »

Bren 805 Enhanced safeties are in stock and shipping! The lever is contoured for comfort and slightly elongated over the OEM one to improve the ease of flipping from safe to fire and back!

Also pick up a Bren 805 Knurled Charging Handle while you are at it!  :)

https://www.manticorearms.com/bren-805-enhanced-safety.html

Sven
Manticore Arms
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:46:54 AM by Manticore_Arms »

Offline czphan35

Re: Manticore Arms Bren 805 Enhanced Safeties now available!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »
Neat, any chance of an installation video?
CZ 805 Bren S1 Carbine | CZ 75 Compact

Offline Hairlesswookiee

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »
By any chance are there any install instructions for these? Nothing was included with the safety, and I can't find anything on their site.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »
By any chance are there any install instructions for these? Nothing was included with the safety, and I can't find anything on their site.

We are working on instruction videos for most all of our products, but it takes a bit.

Short answer, knock roll pin out, remove old safety, put on new safety amd reinstall pin. We include a replacement roll pin just in case.

Make sure the safety shaft on the gun does not rotate while installing.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:05:20 PM »
Nifty!

Offline Hairlesswookiee

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »

We are working on instruction videos for most all of our products, but it takes a bit.

Short answer, knock roll pin out, remove old safety, put on new safety amd reinstall pin. We include a replacement roll pin just in case.

I tried that, but it almost looks like the original pins are welded in. I tried whacking it a few times, but don't want to unnecessarily beat the crap out of it if its not effective.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:13:12 PM »

I tried that, but it almost looks like the original pins are welded in. I tried whacking it a few times, but don't want to unnecessarily beat the crap out of it if its not effective.

They are not welded in, they are just roll pins.  The key is to have the lower receiver secure in a vise and make sure to use a small enough punch that you aren't hitting the perimeter of the safety when trying to drive the pin out.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »
Thanks for investing in the Bren ecosystem.  I hope the accessories do well.

Online autodex

Manticore Arms Bren 805 Enhanced Safeties now available!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 06:12:54 AM »
Hello I thought I would give you my impression of the enhanced saftey.

The saftey is definitely well made, I attempted to install myself... to be honest it really needs a professional armorer or gunsmith so factor that into the cost.

The issue I encountered was keeping  all the parts lined up when installing the pins, it's pretty challenging if you don't have the proper tools.

The saftey is easier to engage vs the stock OEM but only on the ejection port side, otherwise the difference is negligible and just as hard placing the saftey on safe.

All taken into consideration it's a nice upgrade if you don't mind paying for installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:48:54 PM by autodex »

anything