Author Topic: Red Dot Mount  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Richrit

Red Dot Mount
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:05:56 AM »
Thanks to all for answering my recent questions about Red Dots for the 97. I 've settled on a red dot and the springer precision mount, but found a company that makes there own mounts which offer co-witness sights built in.  The company is Amerigun USA. Your thoughts would really be appreciated.

Offline handig00

Re: Red Dot Mount
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 04:19:32 PM »
Thanks for that info, I am thinking the same thing, but for a STI 1911, and by coincidence they had a pic of STI slide with their mount.

Offline t107

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:00:29 AM »
I have  a FF3 & springer mount on my 97BD. Have not been happy with mount it loosens after about 100 rounds. I have blue lock-tight on every screw. To bad i love the RD Burris FF3. Thinking i might have to go back to original BD sights with my old eyes have trouble with.

Offline Richrit

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 07:05:24 AM »
T107, ive read that there could be some play in the mount that may require shimming.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »
I have  a FF3 & springer mount on my 97BD. Have not been happy with mount it loosens after about 100 rounds. I have blue lock-tight on every screw. To bad i love the RD Burris FF3. Thinking i might have to go back to original BD sights with my old eyes have trouble with.

T107--I had a similar problem on my 97 with the Springer mount on the CZ's and solved it with a tiny shim cut from either a Diet Dr. can or some realy shim stock.  That was 2 years ago.  I've used the Springer mount on 4 pistols so far and there is some variation in the dovetails of each CZ I have, whether it be a 75, 97, P-09, or P-07, or even a P-10C.  Once you get it shimmed tight, it will stay put.  Don't give up on it quite yet.  I think the variation is in the pistol dovetails, not the Springer mount, but I'm not sure to be honest.  I have three very stable installations right now.  I shot my 97 last night at 100 yards with good results. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR