Author Topic: Broken feed lips on 20 rounders  (Read 1029 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Broken feed lips on 20 rounders
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 10:40:09 AM »
Oddly enough, my very first gen 20 round magazines have given no trouble, and one of them is my go to range magazine. I've been very lucky with the magazine issue, but I am going to squeeze the nickle for some more Manticore/Prepper Gun Shop magazines.

Offline wyoung

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »
My only question is why in Hades does CZ stick 30 round springs in the 20 round magazines?

Offline MrBusses

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »
Took the scorpion to the range yesterday ran 200 rounds through the manticor mags no problems.

Offline Teryx4NV

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »
To share my own experience with my scorpion, I have a first gen with approx 3k rounds through it. The only problems I've had with this firearm are the 30 round mags. I still have my original 2 20rnd mags and neither have developed cracks. Out of my original 8 30rnd mags, the 6 that I kept loaded all developed stress cracks with 3 of them breaking off completely during fire. This of course causes double feeds and the jams associated with them.

I sent all my cracked mags back to cz usa which were replaced with the "new compound".  Since that time I have only had 2 of my loaded mags crack with one coming off completely.  I don't really have an explanation other than maybe it's a design issue that seems to only affect my 30rnd mags. My 20rnd mags are still ticking away like clockwork. As for my 30rnd mags, they've all been relegated to range practice mags only and the cracked ones tossed.  I now use the 32 rnd hybrid metal feed lip ones from Prepper Gunshop. I keep 6 of them loaded and expect them to last a long time.

Other than this one hiccup, I absolutely adore this little gun.

Offline RD ALLEN

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 12:04:59 AM »
Send your email to webstore@cz-usa.com  Will very shortly get an email and a Fed-Ex label to send the defective mags back.

Offline akuser47

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
I think CZ used 30 round magazine springs in the 20 rounders because of liberal ban states and cities they wanted to hold a market in. I don't know that they are issued in any way with 20 round magazines anywhere otherwise. So why spend more on something only few banny owners will need. I think this was their thoughts. I am in fact not a knowledge holder so I have no proof only my ASSumptions.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
So is there anything wrong with the current 30 rounders or 20 rounders from CZ?

My Scorpion is brand new.

Offline tattooo

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »
I think CZ used 30 round magazine springs in the 20 rounders because of liberal ban states and cities they wanted to hold a market in. I don't know that they are issued in any way with 20 round magazines anywhere otherwise. So why spend more on something only few banny owners will need. I think this was their thoughts. I am in fact not a knowledge holder so I have no proof only my ASSumptions.
The ban states are 15 rounds or 10 rounds max not 20. So I doubt that is the reason.