Author Topic: Joined the P07 club  (Read 5506 times)

Offline briang2ad

Re: Joined the P07 club
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 09:40:28 PM »
My argument is not about opinion - sounds like yours is.

SIG and Beretta DAs don't bind or stack.  They aren't gritty.  That is an observation. Many CZ's do have binding, grittiness and stacking.  That is not simply opinion. 

I like CZs for various reasons and own more of them than SIGs.  I just find SIG triggers better OTB.  DAs are supposed to be like a good revolver - smooth throughout and no stacking.  SA triggers are supposed to not creep and let off crisply.

If you "like" grit and stacking - have at it.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 09:53:35 PM »
Congrats and welcome.  Despite the relatively sucky trigger, they shoot VERY well and are completely reliable.  Decent guns.
after following the smooth and polish threads and the videos it's no longer a sucky trigger

Did all the polishing I could find to do - including much polishing of the left side of the trigger and frame area.  It is now smooth, but still binds/stacks halfway back.  Is it entirely shootable?  Yes.  IS it sucky - yes - compared to most other DA/SA guns out there.  My SP 2022 trigger blows it out of the water.  Most P07s have stacking in their pull half way through.  It is an inferior trigger design.  The 75 with dual transfer bar is much smoother by design.  Then you add in low QC and you end up with a trigger that is bested by SIG, HK, Beretta, FN, etc.  No - it is relatively sucky.  Period.  I have never picked up a weapon listed that did not beat the CZ P series OTB.

Is it still a good gun that is accurate and reliable?  Absolutely.  But the trigger leaves MUCH to be desired.

Maybe what you meant to say was the trigger in YOUR gun when YOU shoot it is sucky...period.
Looks to me judging by the OP's targets, HIS trigger works just fine out of the box when HE is shooting it :)
MY trigger also works just fine out of the box when I shoot it :) haven't done a thing to mine either other than shoot it and dry fire the snot out of it. DA is just under 7 lbs, SA just a hair over 4 1/2. More than adequate I'd say for a defensive pistol. Sorry your pistol's trigger still sucks for you. If it's that bad even after so much polishing, maybe you should send it back to CZ?
Sorry but I find it hard to believe a p07 out of the box with nothing done to it other than a lot of dry fire can have a 7lb double-action 4 and 1/2 lb single action. Unless you got about 5000 rounds through it and 5000 Dry fires. Your nose is getting longer.

Oh yeah?  Well I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe, so there we're all square.
I take it back btw, I'm not sorry you still have a sucky trigger....sounds like the perfect trigger for you my friend, enjoy :)
Just put the Lyman digital gauge to mine again (mine is the Duty version not that it matters) right after wasting time reading your first post. Just luck of the draw I reckon, that was my very first CZ. Maybe that's how they hook you, give you one of the "special guns" they hold back and save for first time CZ owners to lure you in. I'm willing to bet your life there are owners of about every model that came out just Goldilocks right. That didn't happen unfortunately with my PCR, but love the gun other than DA pull and that's about to be easily corrected thanks to CGW. I did also get really lucky with my Stainless 75B if that's allowed, not gonna do a thing to it. After 500 rds my highly calibrated finger says it's also about the same as my P-07. Maybe I'll put the gauge on it just for you...Nahhh, just enjoy that sweeet trigger on your
FN 509. Buh-bye.

Offline Raven1967

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
Congrats on the P-07!
CZ SP-01 Phantom
CZ P-07 Urban Grey
CZ P-09 FDE
CZ 75B Cold War
CZ P10C
CZ 75 Compact

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »

SIG and Beretta DAs don't bind or stack.  They aren't gritty.  That is an observation. Many CZ's do have binding, grittiness and stacking.  That is not simply opinion. 

I like CZs for various reasons and own more of them than SIGs.  I just find SIG triggers better OTB.  DAs are supposed to be like a good revolver - smooth throughout and no stacking.  SA triggers are supposed to not creep and let off crisply.

Hmmm, maybe just me but sure sounds an awful lot like opinions.
As are every post on these forums unless backed up by actual hard data that can be produced. Btw, I have and like Sigs and Beretta's. Some of their guns have been better than others, as about anything out there where human error and/or inferior materials can be introduced.  I would agree that of my purchases, a higher percentage of my Sigs had a great trigger out of the box.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 10:15:12 PM »
 OK folks, try to think in categories.

There are plenty of reasons to prefer CZ over SIG.   Or the other way around.

SIGS and Berettas have less grit, binding and stacking.  It's true so get over it.  Pick up a dozen SP 2022s and a dozen P07s. Do it and you will know. 

Will you like the Sig better? I don't know and it doesn't matter.  I'm only talking about a certain aspect of the trigger, not likes.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 10:53:59 PM »
WOW! This has got to be one of the quickest thread hijacks ever.
   OP, congrats on the P07. Happy shooting.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 11:03:22 PM »

Oh you are such an expert on what guns are supposed to be. Now we are comparing DA semi autos to revolvers? Get off it. Apples and oranges. CZ's at the end of the day are still military grade guns with military grade specs and they function as intended. Go shoot some ORIGINAL military 1911's and see how that lousy trigger feels with it's .030 spec hammer hooks or try an original Browning Hi-Power and see how that lousy trigger feels. The primary function of the handgun is self defense and not to make the user feel all warm and fuzzy at how the trigger breaks. I can shoot my lone un-modified 75B as well as I can the other 6 CZ's which are modded. What YOU think a handgun should be and what it really needs to be to save one's life are 2 entirely different sides of the coin.     

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 11:14:57 PM »
WOW! This has got to be one of the quickest thread hijacks ever.
   OP, congrats on the P07. Happy shooting.

Man you are so right but geez the OP posts how he loves his new P-07 and thinks the trigger is great and that's an honest assessment of how he perceives the gun and brian responds by saying how lousy the trigger is??? The guy is actually happy with his purchase and he gets shut down right out of the gate. Do we want people to come to this forum or tell them what a "sucky gun" they bought and chase them away.

Offline damo4570

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 11:16:26 PM »
I was really happy with my P-07 trigger out of the box and after I installed the GGW Pro Kit and followed some of the polishing instructions from this site, I'm even happier with it. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot now. But, all-in-all, a "good" trigger feels different to different folks so do whatever makes you happy.

And congrats on the new pistol!!

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 04:50:12 AM »
I was really happy with my P-07 trigger out of the box and after I installed the GGW Pro Kit and followed some of the polishing instructions from this site, I'm even happier with it. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot now. But, all-in-all, a "good" trigger feels different to different folks so do whatever makes you happy.

And congrats on the new pistol!!

Thanks! I didn't mean to start an argument here, or even a lively discussion :).

I may look at mods down the road but I want to see how well it wears in first. I've been dry firing it a lot and it seems to be smoothing out,

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 08:34:50 AM »
To the OP - good job and glad you got a good one!  Good shooting, and I commend your drive to master DA shooting.  Most avoid it.

I did not intend to highjack, but people questioned my statement and I answered.

Again, congrats to the OP.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:44:30 PM by briang2ad »

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »
Congrats OP on the new P07.  When they first came out, I avoided them like the plague.  For some reason, they rubbed me the wrong way but then a couple of years later, I had the opportunity to pick one up off of a friend.  I didn't really need or even want it, but bought it anyway figuring that I'd lend it to my son so I could get my 75B Compact back off of long term loan from him.  Long story short, I still have the P07 and it's become one of my favorite shooters.  My winter carry gun is now a P07 in .40.  I toyed with selling the P07 9mm to my niece when I got my P10, but I can't seem to part with it.

CZ produces a stellar series of carry guns, most of which can be tuned in any way the shooter wants.  It's a good time to be a CZ nut!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »
If you really like the P07, wait till you shoot a P09.
My po7 is now a safe Queen,  my EDC is now the P-O9  8)
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline cstellabott

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »
I'm the opposite, my UG P09 sits in the safe, and my EDC is the P07.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 04:16:48 PM »
I put another 175 rounds through it today with no glitches. The trigger is getting smoother as I go along. I've also been dry firing the snot out of it this week.

I definitely need more practice, with the DA, but more so with the transition to SA.