Author Topic: Joined the P07 club  (Read 1578 times)

Offline DOC 1500

Re: Joined the P07 club
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »
I put another 175 rounds through it today with no glitches. The trigger is getting smoother as I go along. I've also been dry firing the snot out of it this week.

I definitely need more practice, with the DA, but more so with the transition to SA.
Do the suggested polishing and put in some cgw Springs it'll be fantastic
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:37:54 PM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
I put another 175 rounds through it today with no glitches. The trigger is getting smoother as I go along. I've also been dry firing the snot out of it this week.

I definitely need more practice, with the DA, but more so with the transition to SA.
Do the suggested polishing and put in some cgw Springs it'll be fantastic

Yes, I'm going to try the polishing. I also created a wishlist of parts at CGW:

Product Name   Unit Price   Stock Status   
    RP-FPBS Reduced Power Plunger Spring   $5.00   In Stock   Add to Cart
    HS-18 Hammer Spring   $7.00   In Stock   Add to Cart
    97041 Firing Pin Spring 75 & P-07/09   $5.00   In Stock   Add to Cart
    97058-220 Roller Bearing P-07 P-09   $20.00   In Stock   Add to Cart
    92030 Short Reset Kit P-07, P-09, P-01, & 75 Omega   $75.00   In Stock   Add to Cart

Did I miss adding anything that would be required by adding those parts?

Offline tattooo

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 02:56:03 PM »
Congrats and nice shooting

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:55 PM »
Did I miss adding anything that would be required by adding those parts?
   Your best bet is to call CGW. They'll make sure you get everything you need. Great guys to talk with.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »
So, I will explain.  As many here stated and just like Mr. Milan knows, CZs are all over the map in terms of quality of trigger. 

Why do SIGS have after market parts?  Cuz people love short reset - or a shorter reach trigger, or a flatter trigger, etc. etc.  Not to make them smooth and shootable.  Sure, I just bought a P6 with a 89LB trigger pull.  And yes, I just bought a 20 LB spring.  But I don't have to polish anything - and the heavy pull is smooth as silk compared to CZ OTB.  Same as Beretta - people use D springs to lighten the pull, but the stock pull is smooth.  Same with HK - they may be 12LB, but every one I handle is smooth. 90% of all stock CZs have a creepy SA - and not just from the camming - the sear/hammer hook interface is just plain sloppy - that is WHY people who want it right buy a CGW hammer. No one gets a SIG and needs a new $80 hammer - because they break clean.  The design and execution are just better - period. 

Are CZs good reliable and very accurate guns?  Yes.  Are they go to war good - yes.  There triggers are just not on par with other good, reliable, accurate guns.
I would much rather spend $419 on a pistol and put maybe $150 worth of parts and my time in polishing into it and end up with just as good a gun and probably better as you would pay 800,900 $1,200 for a sig.

Offline gculpable

• You are your own first responder
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2017, 01:46:16 AM »
WOW! This has got to be one of the quickest thread hijacks ever.
   OP, congrats on the P07. Happy shooting.

Man you are so right but geez the OP posts how he loves his new P-07 and thinks the trigger is great and that's an honest assessment of how he perceives the gun and brian responds by saying how lousy the trigger is??? The guy is actually happy with his purchase and he gets shut down right out of the gate. Do we want people to come to this forum or tell them what a "sucky gun" they bought and chase them away.

Thank you for this post.  I don't know why some people try to satisfy their need to feel superior by telling other people that their opinion is wrong.  You can have a different opinion but that doesn't make the other guys opinion wrong.  Several years ago I bought a P-07 and came on this forum to connect with the CZ community.  I was so excited, but after one post and two responses to it I did not come back for 2 years.  I didn't want to be in a forum where I was "stupid' and ignorant for what I perceived my first gun to be.  If someone buys a CZ they are family and we should treat them and their opinions with respect.  Go be superior somewhere else.
CZ 75BD
CZ 75BD Compact (not PCR)
CZ P-07
CZ P-09
CZ 2075 BD RAMI
Canik55 Stingray C

Offline djcvdv

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 04:29:04 AM »
WOW! This has got to be one of the quickest thread hijacks ever.
   OP, congrats on the P07. Happy shooting.

Man you are so right but geez the OP posts how he loves his new P-07 and thinks the trigger is great and that's an honest assessment of how he perceives the gun and brian responds by saying how lousy the trigger is??? The guy is actually happy with his purchase and he gets shut down right out of the gate. Do we want people to come to this forum or tell them what a "sucky gun" they bought and chase them away.

Thank you for this post.  I don't know why some people try to satisfy their need to feel superior by telling other people that their opinion is wrong.  You can have a different opinion but that doesn't make the other guys opinion wrong.  Several years ago I bought a P-07 and came on this forum to connect with the CZ community.  I was so excited, but after one post and two responses to it I did not come back for 2 years.  I didn't want to be in a forum where I was "stupid' and ignorant for what I perceived my first gun to be.  If someone buys a CZ they are family and we should treat them and their opinions with respect.  Go be superior somewhere else.
Wow!!!well said. You can always sense sarcasm and wittiness in some replies and i find it annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 12:28:26 PM »
Well it is what it is. I even forget that the written language can easily be misinterpreted. It's very easy trying to convey one thing, and it coming out completely opposite of what you mean. (Done it plenty of times myself). So I hope the OP comes back, and shares some more. Those of you that feel attacked, stupid, etc., stick around. Some threads start off bumpy, but they can get straitened out.

When I first joined the forum I tried to jump right in with the back and forth humor, (I try to be a smart Alec and funny) and totally came off as a mouthy newb. Wasn't by choice, just by accident. Stayed in the back ground an just read and learned. I'm still a smart Alec, but now I try to make sure of what I type.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2017, 03:04:20 PM »
I'm the OP, don't worry I'm not going anywhere nor did I have my feelings hurt or experience any distress whatsoever .

I put another 180 rounds through it on Friday. I set up a couple IPSC targets and did a bunch of drawing and shooting. Flawless function from the pistol. The trigger pulls are getting smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 06:16:53 PM »
P07 on sale at iAmmo for 400 shipped! Really trying to talk myself out of buying it.

Offline eastman

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »
P07 on sale at iAmmo for 400 shipped! Really trying to talk myself out of buying it.

That's a good price. You know you reaaaallly want it.   O0
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 12:41:03 AM »

If I held one I probably would :P I'm worried about it not being grippy enough. And I'm considering the P10C still :D And P01...

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 06:56:20 AM »

If I held one I probably would :P I'm worried about it not being grippy enough. And I'm considering the P10C still :D And P01...

It's pretty grippy :)

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »

It's pretty grippy :)

Any other guns/grips you could compare it to? My hands sweat like crazy, and every polymer gun I've handled ends up slipping eventually. I've always had to use the most aggressive grips with my metal CZs.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
My hands sweat terribly too that's why I spent about an hour stippling my po9 . The grip is like 60 grit sandpaper. No slipping now !!!

anything