Author Topic: Joined the P07 club  (Read 5454 times)

Offline wt9s.jay

Joined the P07 club
« on: July 25, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »
Just bought it today and took it to an indoor range. Put about 120 rounds through it wit perfect function. Ammo used was some Win NATO 124gr and a box of Win ?Train? 147gr.

Love the trigger out of the box.

Here she is:

First 15 at 7 yards all SA:

2nd mag at 7 yards all DA:

She?s a keeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

Re: Joined the P07 club
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
Congrats and welcome.  Despite the relatively sucky trigger, they shoot VERY well and are completely reliable.  Decent guns.

Offline 24voltsdc

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »
Congrats! They're great guns. Very reliable.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »
Congrats and welcome.  Despite the relatively sucky trigger, they shoot VERY well and are completely reliable.  Decent guns.
after following the smooth and polish threads and the videos it's no longer a sucky trigger
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 09:47:50 PM »

after following the smooth and polish threads and the videos it's no longer a sucky trigger

Thanks for the replies.  I don't think the trigger sucks   . The DA pull is a bit stagy but I think with a few hundred dry fires and a few hundred rounds it'll be pretty good. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but I'd guess the SA pull is 4lbs or a bit less. Very crisp too.

BTW my only other CZ pistol (so far) is a CZ-70, with a DA pull of 16 lbs or so.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »

Did all the polishing I could find to do - including much polishing of the left side of the trigger and frame area.  It is now smooth, but still binds/stacks halfway back.  Is it entirely shootable?  Yes.  IS it sucky - yes - compared to most other DA/SA guns out there.  My SP 2022 trigger blows it out of the water.  Most P07s have stacking in their pull half way through.  It is an inferior trigger design.  The 75 with dual transfer bar is much smoother by design.  Then you add in low QC and you end up with a trigger that is bested by SIG, HK, Beretta, FN, etc.  No - it is relatively sucky.  Period.  I have never picked up a weapon listed that did not beat the CZ P series OTB.

Is it still a good gun that is accurate and reliable?  Absolutely.  But the trigger leaves MUCH to be desired.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »

Did all the polishing I could find to do - including much polishing of the left side of the trigger and frame area.  It is now smooth, but still binds/stacks halfway back.  Is it entirely shootable?  Yes.  IS it sucky - yes - compared to most other DA/SA guns out there.  My SP 2022 trigger blows it out of the water.  Most P07s have stacking in their pull half way through.  It is an inferior trigger design.  The 75 with dual transfer bar is much smoother by design.  Then you add in low QC and you end up with a trigger that is bested by SIG, HK, Beretta, FN, etc.  No - it is relatively sucky.  Period.  I have never picked up a weapon listed that did not beat the CZ P series OTB.

Is it still a good gun that is accurate and reliable?  Absolutely.  But the trigger leaves MUCH to be desired.

Maybe what you meant to say was the trigger in YOUR gun when YOU shoot it is sucky...period.
Looks to me judging by the OP's targets, HIS trigger works just fine out of the box when HE is shooting it :)
MY trigger also works just fine out of the box when I shoot it :) haven't done a thing to mine either other than shoot it and dry fire the snot out of it. DA is just under 7 lbs, SA just a hair over 4 1/2. More than adequate I'd say for a defensive pistol. Sorry your pistol's trigger still sucks for you. If it's that bad even after so much polishing, maybe you should send it back to CZ?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »

Hey, did you polish the sides/corners of the hammer spring "guide"?  Don't remember the real name but it's pinned to the hammer, the spring rides up/down on it and on my CZ 85 I can actually hear some grinding/clicking type noises when I slowly thumb cock the hammer.  A couple other people have reported hearing/feeling similar dragging/binding on theirs. 

When I took my CZ TS .40 apart that piece was polished nice and smooth (whether by the factory or the original owner, I don't know).

If you haven't done that, give it a try and see if that relieves some of that "staging" issue you feel in yours as you pull the trigger.

Good luck with it.  A nice trigger is.....nice.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:50:13 AM »
I'm not a CZ novice - yes I polished the hammer strut - VERY well - and BTW, this is usually not a problem anyway.  And yes, I took a Transitional (in my Avatar) and turned it from a gritty pig into a glass smooth beauty of a DA trigger.  So, I have some experience with CZs.  And yes, I picked up a P09 in an LGS recently that was good/decent - but not in the way SIG/Beretta/FN are - not smooth OTB.  Most CZs require a good bit of tweaking and polishing - hello CGW.  If CGW didn't exist there would not be half the demand for CZs.  OTB, their triggers suck a bit more than the rest.  That's all. 

When my trigger was really bad, I still shot decently with it.  That is NOT what I'm saying.  People can make a gun look much better than it is.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 11:26:31 AM »
Congrats on the new pistol and nice shooting!
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline cstellabott

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 12:15:45 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the addiction, I mean club. Absolutely love mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

Maybe what you meant to say was the trigger in YOUR gun when YOU shoot it is sucky...period.
Looks to me judging by the OP's targets, HIS trigger works just fine out of the box when HE is shooting it :)
MY trigger also works just fine out of the box when I shoot it :) haven't done a thing to mine either other than shoot it and dry fire the snot out of it. DA is just under 7 lbs, SA just a hair over 4 1/2. More than adequate I'd say for a defensive pistol. Sorry your pistol's trigger still sucks for you. If it's that bad even after so much polishing, maybe you should send it back to CZ?
Sorry but I find it hard to believe a p07 out of the box with nothing done to it other than a lot of dry fire can have a 7lb double-action 4 and 1/2 lb single action. Unless you got about 5000 rounds through it and 5000 Dry fires. Your nose is getting longer.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:42:02 PM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 08:01:01 PM »

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a p07 out of the box with nothing done to it other than a lot of dry fire can have a 7lb double-action 4 and 1/2 lb single action. Unless you got about 5000 rounds through it and 5000 Dry fires. Your nose is getting longer.

Because you've handled so many P-07's that you know it's not possible for one to come out of the box that good?
Talk to David at CGW and have him explain how some of these guns come out of the box smooth as silk while others are lousy.
Mine was very good out of the box and my first gen P-07 Duty was outstanding in bone stock configuration,never even modded that one.
And by the way this crying by some about how "sucky" CZ triggers are gets old. If Sig and HK and all these others were really all that much better then please do your VERY best to explain why they too have aftermarket parts available to make them better?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:08:28 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 08:41:23 PM »
So, I will explain.  As many here stated and just like Mr. Milan knows, CZs are all over the map in terms of quality of trigger. 

Why do SIGS have after market parts?  Cuz people love short reset - or a shorter reach trigger, or a flatter trigger, etc. etc.  Not to make them smooth and shootable.  Sure, I just bought a P6 with a 89LB trigger pull.  And yes, I just bought a 20 LB spring.  But I don't have to polish anything - and the heavy pull is smooth as silk compared to CZ OTB.  Same as Beretta - people use D springs to lighten the pull, but the stock pull is smooth.  Same with HK - they may be 12LB, but every one I handle is smooth. 90% of all stock CZs have a creepy SA - and not just from the camming - the sear/hammer hook interface is just plain sloppy - that is WHY people who want it right buy a CGW hammer. No one gets a SIG and needs a new $80 hammer - because they break clean.  The design and execution are just better - period. 

Are CZs good reliable and very accurate guns?  Yes.  Are they go to war good - yes.  There triggers are just not on par with other good, reliable, accurate guns.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 08:56:37 PM »
So, I will explain.  As many here stated and just like Mr. Milan knows, CZs are all over the map in terms of quality of trigger. 

Why do SIGS have after market parts?  Cuz people love short reset - or a shorter reach trigger, or a flatter trigger, etc. etc.  Not to make them smooth and shootable.  Sure, I just bought a P6 with a 89LB trigger pull.  And yes, I just bought a 20 LB spring.  But I don't have to polish anything - and the heavy pull is smooth as silk compared to CZ OTB.  Same as Beretta - people use D springs to lighten the pull, but the stock pull is smooth.  Same with HK - they may be 12LB, but every one I handle is smooth. 90% of all stock CZs have a creepy SA - and not just from the camming - the sear/hammer hook interface is just plain sloppy - that is WHY people who want it right buy a CGW hammer. No one gets a SIG and needs a new $80 hammer - because they break clean.  The design and execution are just better - period. 

Are CZs good reliable and very accurate guns?  Yes.  Are they go to war good - yes.  There triggers are just not on par with other good, reliable, accurate guns.

This really just boils down to being your opinion and perception of what you like in a trigger. There are aftermarket parts for all the other brands because guys like to mod things and personalize things. I've handled Sigs and personally have not been impressed by them.Don't care for the trigger and certainly don't care for that high bore axis that seems prevalent in the design. I'd own a Beretta 92 if the stupid thing wasn't nearly twice the size it needs to be for the little old 9mm it fires and the closest thing in comparable price to a 75B is the M9 or the 92 FS both with that permanently affixed front sight that negates any possible or easy change by the end user other than gunsmith/machining. So at the end of the day we can go back and forth with this narrative for eons and it still just boils down to opinion and preference.