Author Topic: Guns that are "2nds"  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Keithandstef

Guns that are "2nds"
« on: July 25, 2017, 07:46:07 PM »
I've seen one or two CZ75s advertised as "2nds" on Gunbroker. The seller can't figure out why it is marked as such, and I can figure out how or where it's marked at all. They never say how they know it. Is it stamped on the frame or on the box?

Offline Jigo23

Re: Guns that are "2nds"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
Don't know about the CZ 75 2nds, but I can tell you that the Dan Wesson (owned by CZ-USA) 1911s that are sold as supposedly "blemished" are outstanding buys. I have looked at a lot of what may be considered blemished to them, but I haven't yet been able to tell what was blemished about it. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »
Don't know about the CZ 75 2nds, but I can tell you that the Dan Wesson (owned by CZ-USA) 1911s that are sold as supposedly "blemished" are outstanding buys. I have looked at a lot of what may be considered blemished to them, but I haven't yet been able to tell what was blemished about it. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Ya, I just wish I knew where or what the "blem" is. Thanks for the info though.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »

Yeah I thought the same thing at first then figured if I had to look that hard and still not find it, it probably wasn't very bad LOL

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 10:57:51 PM »

Yeah I thought the same thing at first then figured if I had to look that hard and still not find it, it probably wasn't very bad LOL

Out of curiosity, were you told by the sales person it was a blem, or was it marked as such on the box?

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 11:43:23 PM »
Oh it's marked very conspicuously, they are totally up front and honest. Usually it's just some very minute cosmetic thing like in the finish on underside of slide or frame. It will never be anything that affects the function. IF by chance you are able to locate the flaw because you are looking so hard, you could pass it around to friends that didn't know it said "blem" on the box and doubtful a single person could tell. If it is something obvious they will document exactly what it is. I have seen blem models in stores and looked and looked without spotting anything.

Offline HST

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 08:31:38 AM »
How much difference in price ?
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »
Hmmm, I want to say a couple hundred dollars

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »
Oh it's marked very conspicuously, they are totally up front and honest. Usually it's just some very minute cosmetic thing like in the finish on underside of slide or frame. It will never be anything that affects the function. IF by chance you are able to locate the flaw because you are looking so hard, you could pass it around to friends that didn't know it said "blem" on the box and doubtful a single person could tell. If it is something obvious they will document exactly what it is. I have seen blem models in stores and looked and looked without spotting anything.

Part of the label on my box is missing. Would you mind posting a picture of yours so I can where it says blem? Feel free to blot out the actual serial number. Thanks!

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »
Is this a blem stamp on the gun? CZ says it will be a lambda sign. This isn't really a lambda sign although I can't really tell what it is.

[IMG_0588.jpg]http://(https://postimg.org/image/lis0mvki3/)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:27:57 PM by Keithandstef »

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 10:34:56 PM »

Part of the label on my box is missing. Would you mind posting a picture of yours so I can where it says blem? Feel free to blot out the actual serial number. Thanks!
Oh dang sorry I sold that Stainless Valor (great gun) and got the VBOB Valor Commander but it wasn't a blem model. I looked for one first tho.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
Is this a blem stamp on the gun? CZ says it will be a lambda sign. This isn't really a lambda sign although I can't really tell what it is.

[IMG_0588.jpg]http://(https://postimg.org/image/lis0mvki3/)

Oh yeah bet it is, I never actually bothered looking for it. I didn't know what a lambda sign was lol

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »

Oh yeah bet it is, I never actually bothered looking for it. I didn't know what a lambda sign was lol

Looks like an upside down "V": ?

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
Anyone else have a mark like that on their handle?

Offline KME

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »
How much difference in price ?
Riflegear.com has a number of listings of CZs marked BLEM. The price difference seems to run $40-$70 off full retail.

For those who reside out of California they have SP-01 (18 round), SP-01 Tactical, SP-01 Shadow Target, SP-01 Phantom, P-01 (14 rd), TS Orange, Rami (Cal legal), et al.

No affiliation other than as a customer.

anything