Author Topic: Fix for pistol with rough chamber needed, gunsmithing advise  (Read 328 times)

Offline greystonedog

I have a vietnam Norinco Tokarev   7.65X25 with a rough chamber primarily in the neck area. Fired  case will not eject, ejector rips through  the case as it is stuck in the chamber. I brushed and polished the chamber, got first shot to eject  but not the second. Need advise or recommendation of a gunsmith  Case has  scratches on it from the rough chamber.. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 05:19:17 PM by greystonedog »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Fix for pistol with rough chamber needed, gunsmithing advise
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
The chamber could possibly be polished by a gunsmith but chances are it's beyond salvage and your best bet would be to locate a barrel that is not damaged.
The real problem is that very much of that 7.62X25 ammo was corrosive and if the guns were not maintained/cleaned and lubed well the barrels would corrode.
I learned this the hard way many years ago with a VZ52 in the same caliber. I did not know the surplus ammo I was using was corrosive and I left the gun sit in the safe for several weeks after a range session and when I finally cleaned the gun the barrel was ruined.

Offline copemech

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »
Are you using brass cased ammo?

Offline greystonedog

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
Yes, brass cased. Think I will get some 220 grit compound from Midway and try . Re barrel Numrich has barrel for TT 33 Russian, do you think it will fit, will ask them tomorrow. Any other source of barrels?  Thanks 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:07:06 PM by greystonedog »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 02:43:01 AM »
If it's a well used war relic, I am willing to bet the barrel is shot. Have you had a gunsmith look at it? Safest thing to do.