Author Topic: Luck Irishman ACR Bren Adapter 2nd run interest  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Gunman9

Luck Irishman ACR Bren Adapter 2nd run interest
« on: July 28, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »
Hello,

This is to gauge interest in a 2nd run of the Lucky Irishman Bren ACR stock adapter. If you are a member of the CZ 805 Bren Owners FB page you can follow the post on there for updates. If you are interested please follow this post as it will be updated to. LeeMajors needs to gauge what the interest is and how many would commit to one. As before there are a certain number that people definitely want before they could be produced.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:54:58 PM by Gunman9 »

Offline autodex

Re: Luck Irishman ACR Bren Adapter 2nd run interest
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »
You can count me in!

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:03:43 PM »
Will this run still require the snap ring to make the adapter fit correctly?

Offline Gunman9

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 06:47:25 AM »
Will this run still require the snap ring to make the adapter fit correctly?

I did not do the snap ring. I took the screw that holds the sling mount out and went to the hardware store and got one a little longer. Drilled a hole doe the screw threw the adapter and tightened it down. Looks a lot better and that thing ain't ever going anywhere. Only takes an alien wrench to take the screw out then the adapter. I'm not one of these what happens if you are in war and need to fix it kind of guys. I got out the military in 2008 and never did I see someone say in the middle of combat "throw me a new buffer spring" lol just saying. That's what your side arm is for.... backup.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:52:23 AM by Gunman9 »

Offline motojunkie

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 03:15:44 PM »
Gunman9,

Any chance you could make a picatinny stock adapter like the MCX is designed for the Bren?

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/P1060110-900x600.jpg

Offline Gunman9

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 09:21:00 AM »
Gunman9,

Any chance you could make a picatinny stock adapter like the MCX is designed for the Bren?

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/P1060110-900x600.jpg

I don't make these parts. That's Lucky Irishman Firearms that does. I was the one that pushed them to do the Bren ACR adapter. That's the reason I help to get another run if enough people are interested. Contact them. If there is a viable market they may do it.

Offline wyoung

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 11:12:14 AM »
How does this one compare to the adapter made by MAA? Does this one require you to use part of the factory stock (rear head?) I believe where the MAA doesn't? Any pros and cons of this one compared to the other one?

I am not terribly happy with my MAA adapter is why I ask.

Offline motojunkie

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »
Ah, for some reason I thought you were the guy with Lucky Irishman. Thanks.

Gunman9,

I don't make these parts. That's Lucky Irishman Firearms that does. I was the one that pushed them to do the Bren ACR adapter. That's the reason I help to get another run if enough people are interested. Contact them. If there is a viable market they may do it.

Offline dustineck

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
Interested in one.

Offline LeeMajors

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
Good evening folks, sorry for not checking in sooner.  We're the ones who make this.

We are indeed going to tighten up the fit on the adapter this time with the way the Bren rear head was changed slightly.  The newer versions of the Bren rifle with the changeable rear head (which is what this fits) are what we are fitting these for. 

We have 4 people firmly committed.  We need 6 more to make the run.  It will be a limited run, probably only 20-30 due to cost and the length of time we like to keep things on the shelf instead of the 50 we made last time. 

Ours are an improvement on the MAA adapters in several ways, specifically the machining is done in much smaller steps so that you get a smooth finished product and not the machining lines you see on the MAA.  Our anodizing is also better, a deeper charcoal rather than the slightly purple hue.  It's never 100% black, but it's much closer. 

The only "down-side" is that you have to use the rear head.  We did that deliberately so people could go back and forth at will.

We do not currently have plan to develop a pic rail rear adapter but it's always possible.  We did one for the Sig556 but never brought it to market because we think the ACR stock is much better.  We'd need 20 people for that, as we have to cover the cost of CAD programming and prototyping in the initial run. 

For those interested, come and check out our new website (which people have been asking for).  Long time coming, finally getting it up and running.  There's a way to contact us there or you can join us on the FB page.

Thanks!

www.lifeindustries.net

Offline LeeMajors

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 10:45:40 PM »
I do want to mention that if you commit to it, we have a machining window in two weeks.  Payment in FULL is required by that time.  I won't ask for payments until we know we have the 10 people we need, but once we do, we'll need those.

Machining and anodizing takes 7-10 days, delivery to me 2-3 days after that, so we're looking about 30 days from right now until they're in the mail to you.

Cost is $149 each and includes shipping.  It's slightly higher than last time because our machinist's prices went up $15 per adapter. 

Thanks,

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 11:12:09 PM »
Will it be just the adapter or will you be offering the stock also?

Offline LeeMajors

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 08:42:28 PM »
The stocks will also be available.  $170 each and combined shipping, which makes them about $20 cheaper than ordering separately through Bushmaster.

5 firm commitments.  Need 5 more.

Thanks,

Offline mro2

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »
I'm interested in two.

Offline Type5

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 03:58:02 AM »
Sign me up for one please.