Author Topic: T100 Improvements  (Read 2298 times)

Offline fileophile

Re: T100 Improvements
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 03:14:33 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm pretty sure it is not shooting technique in this case because:

1:  It happens with a multitude of shooters, and
2:  It doesn't happen at all with a second T-100 I have available to try.

I think it has something to do with the hammer/main/recoil spring binding on the mag brake and mainspring plug ate the bottom of the grip. In the malfunctioning pistol, even if I remove the mag brake and plug pin the spring does not spring out of its hole. I believe unrestrained this plug should go shooting across the shop without a pin in there to stop it. The bottom of the spring is also kinked where there is no support between the bottom of the hammer strut and the mainspring plug. The spring is the unmodified 13 lb spring from CGW.

I am going to try polishing the outside circumference of the plug until it does not hang up in the hole.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »
Your right on that one .. the plug would go shooting across the room. Hmmmmmm I had to replace the mag brake on mine because the original was made of potato chips and cracked instantly when I was removing it but if you are not getting any tension at the plug ... I wouldn't think that has anything to do with the brake. If I remember the brake is captured by the spring near the plug but I don't think it would have enough pressure to secure it without the cross pin.

Going to have to think and follow this thread and see what comes of it. Did you try reinstalling the OEM spring and see if it still gave you issues?

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
While I think the T100 is an Awesome shooter and so bleep accurate .. Mine or should I say my wifes .. can suffer from Limp wristing. It failed to cycle well a few times for my wife but I couldnt replicate it. I put several mags through with no success in making it misbehave.

Aluminum and polymer frame guns are a little more susceptible to limp wrist shooting than steel frame guns. They just don't have the mass of a steel frame. I would bet that's the problem. Take the same shooter out and instruct them in proper hold and it should solve the problem
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline fileophile

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
Boriqua, the combination thickness of plug prongs, magazine brake, and spring have enough compression fit in the plug hole that everything stays iin place even if the plug pin is removed.

I polished the plug to the point where it will fall out of the hole if pointed down.

I also found another potential issue -- the little tiny pin that holds the hammer pin from going sideways is missing. I created one from a short length of allen wrench so the hammer pin can't slide out without removing the retaining pin first.

Offline fileophile

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 11:24:38 PM »
So I figured it out. It wasn't anythng mentioned so far. It was some Loctite that had dribbled down from the CGW sear adjustment screw and wicked onto the sear pin, causing the sear to bind ever so slightly. I took the pin out, degreased it and polished it once more, re-installed and the problem went away.

For a while it was a real puzzler though, because the hammer would lock back on one cycle and fire, then on the next the sear would not engage the hammer. Then the next cycle (cycling the slide or thumbing the hammer back) it would work, back and forth like that with every second try working.

While I had it apart I tapped the hammer pin detent hole for a 4-40 set screw so I won't lose that detent again. Pretty easy to do in aluminum and took just a couple of minutes.

Now I am looking at the safety and thinking about trying to improve the solidity in both the safe and fire positions. It is pretty sloppy as it came.

anything