Author Topic: Most reliable clone subcompact?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline mig1nc

Re: Most reliable clone subcompact?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »
I just noticed the EAA / Tanfo Witness-P compact, EAA / SAR B6P Compact, and EAA / Tanfo Pavona all say not to use +P in their owner's manual.

I'm liking those TA-90s, and seeing them on Gunbroker. But I think the steel frame might be a bit heavy for EDC.

It's looking like the best option is just get an original CZ RAMI for a CCW.

Offline DanPop985

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 08:47:04 AM »
OP, you asked about subcompact's yet the only subcompact you list is the Sphinx. The Sphinx is a great pistol but pricey, I agree with last post, go with a CZ 2075 Rami.
EAA SAR K2P 9mm
Taurus PT111 G2 9mm
Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Walther PPS m2 9mm
Ruger LCP .380
S&W Bodyguard .380
Sig Sauer Mosquito 22lr
Sig Sauer P250 22lr compact

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 10:10:47 AM »
Thanks.

Good point though, I should clarify. The sphinx had a 13rd capacity so I was using that as the reference point. All of the ones listed are in that class.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline relladog

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »
My Sphinx subcompact did not run anywhere near 100% when I first got it. Went back to Sphinx/Kriss and They replaced the barrel, slide stop, pivot and guide rod. They also replaced the rear sight which had a tool mark on it which was there prior to the gun being finished.

Since it returned from them it has been 100%. I have about 800 rounds down the pipe on it and have no issues carrying it. It feeds 124gr +P Gold Dots and Ranger 147gr JHP without issue.

It is my understanding that there were some bad barrels which we out of spec that caused some issues with the Subcompacts. They have been replaced and newer production is GTO.

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 03:51:45 PM »
Ah, good to know. Those issues seemed to be all over the web. Glad they have been worked out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline aaangel

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
My Sphinx subcompact did not run anywhere near 100% when I first got it. Went back to Sphinx/Kriss and They replaced the barrel, slide stop, pivot and guide rod. They also replaced the rear sight which had a tool mark on it which was there prior to the gun being finished.

Since it returned from them it has been 100%. I have about 800 rounds down the pipe on it and have no issues carrying it. It feeds 124gr +P Gold Dots and Ranger 147gr JHP without issue.

It is my understanding that there were some bad barrels which we out of spec that caused some issues with the Subcompacts. They have been replaced and newer production is GTO.

thanks good to know. mine is having problems with federal hst. 

anything