Author Topic: C-100: Great Carry Gun  (Read 1446 times)

Offline briang2ad

C-100: Great Carry Gun
« on: July 30, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »
Folks:  Did some grip tinkering today.  These guns are amazing carry values.  Less than $400 and:

- Lightweight yet 14+1
- Reliable
- Accurate
- Good finish
- New ones have extended SR
- Positive safety.  (I carry decocked because it is easy and SAFE if you use the opposing thumb to block.  Friends don't let friends pinch).
- Trigger is very capable of being very good.  Polish a bunch, and put in a 16-17 LB spring and its great in DA.  Decent SA.

Sights need replacing, but overall a great carry gun for the money.

Offline spcava

Re: C-100: Great Carry Gun
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »
That sounds like a great value. I wonder how close it feels to the P-01.  In my opinion, new sights are necessary for the P-01 too, and that pushes the cost to around $700.  I'll have to keep the C-100 on my list at that value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »
It is relatively identical.  The latest model looks to have a slightly more upswept BT - to help you grip.  VZ grips work fine. The grip MAY be a tad thicker as it is of uniform width, unlike the CZ which is thicker up top for rail strength. 

Offline spcava

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
Speaking of grips,  how do they compare to the stock rubber on the CZ's?  That's another hidden cost with the P-01 for me.  Those grips are great for the range but really grab onto a shirt.   So, I could get a C-100, add sights and grips for the same price as a stock P-01. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moken

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »
I carry a Shark C and the wife a T100. So if C is equal then they are a fantastic weapon.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »
I am convinced Tristar is the best value on the market. I must say I have never fired an honest to goodness CZ, but if  I could shoot a CZ better, I would have to go on the competition circuit. My P100 is easily the best compact I have ever fired, and I have fired Smiths, Rugers, Glocks, and Tanfoglios. My brother feels the same way about his Canik Stingray. When last I I talked to him about it, he was considering selling his Smith. With only a few minor complaints, my SAR B6P-FS is right there with it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:16:02 PM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Moken

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
Very well said DF.
The only thing I've done to mine is install CZ factory rubber grips and shoot and clean em.
I was raised by a gun loving cop and have always been around firearms. I have little doubt of the quality of these pistols. My wife's T100 and my Shark C are our trusted EDC pistols and we trust our lives to them!

Offline oteroman

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 11:57:17 PM »
It would be very helpful to know who make holsters for these guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moken

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 09:24:20 AM »
C model fit most CZ75 compact, T model most Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho 941 and P series most P0q/SP01.

Offline Batuche

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
Oteroman, my choice of holster was from the same place that made the Sourdough Pancake?- Leather Concealment Holster for my Ruger SP100 3? barrel, Simply Rugged Holsters. I love this holster because it?s light/minimalist and holds the pistol high and tight to my body and can be used equally as well crossdraw. Mr. Rob Leahy doesn?t list the Canik55 C100 on his site (no mold for it) so I ordered the CZ 75 model of the Cuda - Leather Concealed Carry Holster stating a specific barrel length of 3.93? for the C100. No need to look any further for a fine leather holster which fits like a glove and rides high and tight to the body with the forward cant being such that the thickest part of the pistol, the butt end of the magazine, rides tight right next to the body. HIGHLY recommended

Offline kiev88cm

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »
  Sorry just posted that the ALIEN GEAR CLOAK TUCK 3.0 IWB HOLSTER fits perfectly.