Author Topic: P10C First Impressions Vid and New Holster (Priority 1 IWB)  (Read 4095 times)

Offline rch024

So after running a few hundred rounds through my P10C, I was able to record a first impressions vid for my buddy's YouTube channel. The link is below:

Since then I've ordered an IWB holster from Priority 1 Holsters. So far I'm fairly happy with this holster. First off, I typically carry around 3 o'clock, so I set my holsters up with little to no cant. Since this holster only has the option of 0? or 15?, I chose to set it up at 0? with the "concealment wing". This is my first time with this type of belt clip or the wing, so it's definitely different. The wing is typically used with an appendix set up, but it seems to work well to pull the grip towards the body even at 3 o'clock (So long as it's at 0?). Without the wing the holster conceals well, is pretty comfortable, and is very easy to get on and off. With the wing, the P10C pretty much disappeared. It's not quite as easy off and on with the wing, and you can kinda notice the wing putting pressure on your belt. On the plus side, the holster seems to stay in place a little better with the added pressure from the wing. I'll have to wear the holster more to decide if the wing is worth it in my setup, but so far I like it.

The fit and finish on the holster is pretty good. It definitely had LOTS of retention. In fact I adjusted the retention screw to give it a less resistance on the draw. For those who like the positive "click" this holster definitely lets you know when the gun is in place. The edges of the holster came polished smooth with no rough spots.

Price on this particular holster was right at $50. It shipped very quickly, and arrived within a week of ordering. Overall I'm very satisfied with the holster, but I still may replace it with a Bravo Concealment DOS if they start making models for the P10C. I still have a lot of range time and then carrying to do with this holster before I make a final assessment.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll make a follow-up video soon, so let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the review!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Sooltauq

Re: P10C First Impressions Vid and New Holster (Priority 1 IWB)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:29:48 PM »
Nice! I've been pondering holsters for my P10C and this helps.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline rch024

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention, I'm not crazy about the stock luminescent sights, so I ordered a Dawson fiber optic front sight. I also used some black enamel to black out the rear until I find a permanent solution.

Online viking499

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention, I'm not crazy about the stock luminescent sights, so I ordered a Dawson fiber optic front sight. I also used some black enamel to black out the rear until I find a permanent solution.

I like the looks of that front sight.

Offline rch024

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:31:10 PM »

[/quote]

I like the looks of that front sight.
[/quote]

I really like the Dawson fiber optic. It's pretty thin, so the red dot really pops out and draws in your eye. I wish my rear sight was a little wider, but it'll do for now.

Online viking499

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 10:24:04 PM »
What size front sight is it?  Any change in POA/POI?

Offline rch024

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 10:40:40 PM »
What size front sight is it?  Any change in POA/POI?
It's the same height, so no shift in POA. The width is 0.095". The stock sight is 0.118" wide, so it's a bit thinner.

Offline rch024

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 07:55:23 PM »
Quick update:

Had just enough time to take the P10C out for another 300 rounds. This brings the round count to 500 total (450 S&B 124gr NATO and 50 Federal HST 147 gr). The pistol ran like a champ today. No issues even with some slightly sandy mags. I was pressed for time, so the pistol was getting really hot. For the last 2 mags I had to switch to shooting 1 handed because the textured area near the takedown lever was burning my support thumb. The sight picture was a huge improvement over stock, and follow up shots were very quick when I did my part.

So, I've only previously put 150 and then 50 rounds through this pistol. Around 200 or so today I started noticing the backstrap texture more. By 300 it had my hand pretty red. It's not painful, more irritated, but I'm definitely considering the rubberized Talon Grips  (which I have on my G19). Also, I started to flinch a little bit today, which happens from time to time, but it was causing me to push my shots a little low. Idk if it's just the hotter 124gr ammo or if I'm not griping tight enough, but I had to do a little dry fire to help straighten that out.

Overall I'm very happy with the pistol. I'll probably shoot it one more time before I start carrying it, but I'll give another update when I do.

Offline BobcatAZ

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:01:04 PM »
Did you get your FO front from Dawson or CGW and do you have the part number? Looks great and will probably do the same thing. Dawson is selling a NEW  set for the P10C but they made the front sight wider than the stock front and kept the same size rear notch. No experience with FO sights here so not sure why they chose those sizes for the set. Any other pics would be appreciated.

Offline rch024

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 12:55:55 AM »
Did you get your FO front from Dawson or CGW and do you have the part number? Looks great and will probably do the same thing. Dawson is selling a NEW  set for the P10C but they made the front sight wider than the stock front and kept the same size rear notch. No experience with FO sights here so not sure why they chose those sizes for the set. Any other pics would be appreciated.
https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-0709-fiber-optic-front-sight/

This is the one I got. Same height as the stock sight, just thinner. It really pops, even in low light. The last pic I posted was an overcast afternoon, and it was still very bright. I like the thin profile of this sight because it makes it easier to track the sight and make quick shots.

Offline BobcatAZ

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »
Appreciate your patience but I have one more question! Is the rear of the sight counter bored like the Dawsons advertise? Supposedly makes the dot appear crisper and brighter. Not sure but maybe this is a Dawson sight with CGW's name on it. Even has the same part number as Dawsons P09 .155 x.100 FO sight.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 03:12:08 AM »
FWIW, I've learned that with all my CZs, the low bore axis and thus more straight-back recoil means that I can take a lighter grip than with other pistols, which also mitigates the aggressive texture issue somewhat with my P10C. Having said that, I would be a lot less reticent about sanding down the backstrap, which can of course be easily replaced, than the frame grip area.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline rch024

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 07:42:13 AM »
Appreciate your patience but I have one more question! Is the rear of the sight counter bored like the Dawsons advertise? Supposedly makes the dot appear crisper and brighter. Not sure but maybe this is a Dawson sight with CGW's name on it. Even has the same part number as Dawsons P09 .155 x.100 FO sight.
It isn't a CGW sight, it is the Dawson sight, CGW is just a dealer. The rear is counter bored, and I do believe it makes the dot appear larger. Installation of the sight was pretty easy. It comes with instructions, the soft punch you need to install it, and extra red and green FO rods. You'll probably need to run the bottom of the sight across some fine sand paper to get it to fit, but it's not difficult and it doesn't take much. Just a little sanding at a time and then testing to see if it fits.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm more than happy to help! 

Offline BobcatAZ

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »
Stopped at CZ Custom (5 miles away) today and was able to handle a P10C with front FO/Black rear and it removed all doubt about getting a FO front sight. Even after shutting off most of the lights and facing the corner of the room, I could still see the red dot! I do like the counterbored feature of the Dawsons though so will probably go with them. Only thing I am waiting to see is CGW posted that they will have a whole bunch of P10C sights available in a couple days. The setup you have will probably still be my best option though. Thanks for your help!

Offline rch024

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
Glad I could offer some insight! I plan to run the P10C hard and may beat up that stock rear sight. If it does start to show wear, I'll probably swap it with a serrated one. I actually live close to CGW, so I have a similar problem where I have stopped by and the suddenly "needed" something there hahaha.

anything