Author Topic: P10C First Impressions Vid and New Holster (Priority 1 IWB)  (Read 4142 times)

Offline TNman

Re: P10C First Impressions Vid and New Holster (Priority 1 IWB)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »
Thank you for sharing all of this information about the P-10. You must have taken a lot of time assembling the data.

Today I went to a local gun store and held one for the first time and planned on taking the plunge. But I didn't. IMO, the grip texture is more aggressive than my XDS and was not comfortable at all. The sights, as was mentioned, are not very good. And the trigger was not what I had expected. My PCR is far better. I am saddened to say I will not be P-10 owner anytime soon. I really thought it could replace my Sig P-320.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline rch024

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
Thank you for sharing all of this information about the P-10. You must have taken a lot of time assembling the data.

Today I went to a local gun store and held one for the first time and planned on taking the plunge. But I didn't. IMO, the grip texture is more aggressive than my XDS and was not comfortable at all. The sights, as was mentioned, are not very good. And the trigger was not what I had expected. My PCR is far better. I am saddened to say I will not be P-10 owner anytime soon. I really thought it could replace my Sig P-320.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Honestly, the triggers are all a little hit or miss from the factory, but once they break in they're really nice (some just need less break in than others). The whole pistol kinda needs 200 rounds to smooth out. My 75 police and SP01 were the same way. Take one out and shoot it if you get a chance. I like the trigger more so than the P320. You don't get the interchangeable frames, but that's the only downside. For me, I'm changing out the sights on either pistol immediately, so that's not a problem. In the end it's all personal preference. I'd definitely try to find someone that has one to let you shoot it before deciding. Btw I ordered the talon grips, so I'm thinking the grip texture will be pretty awesome with the aggressive texture and the stickiness of the rubber talon grips. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »
Honestly, the triggers are all a little hit or miss from the factory, but once they break in they're really nice (some just need less break in than others). The whole pistol kinda needs 200 rounds to smooth out. My 75 police and SP01 were the same way. Take one out and shoot it if you get a chance. I like the trigger more so than the P320. You don't get the interchangeable frames, but that's the only downside. For me, I'm changing out the sights on either pistol immediately, so that's not a problem. In the end it's all personal preference. I'd definitely try to find someone that has one to let you shoot it before deciding. Btw I ordered the talon grips, so I'm thinking the grip texture will be pretty awesome with the aggressive texture and the stickiness of the rubber talon grips. 

Ditto. I was less than impressed by my P10C at first, but it has since smoothed out quite nicely. With all my CZs, there was a world of difference between the triggers at round 1 and round 500. That's just the way CZs are.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »

Ditto. I was less than impressed by my P10C at first, but it has since smoothed out quite nicely. With all my CZs, there was a world of difference between the triggers at round 1 and round 500. That's just the way CZs are.
Or you can polish them as soon as you get them and save yourself the money on 500 rounds
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline rch024

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
I think I got to maybe 200 or so on my 75s before they got polished and Cajunized. The only reason I'm holding off on the P10C is because it's a defensive pistol, so it will go to CGW once they get their upgrades lined out.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »
Yeah, but where's the fun in that?

Or you can polish them as soon as you get them and save yourself the money on 500 rounds
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline rch024

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »
Quick update: I got my Talon Grips installed. I really like the texture with the rubber grips on the aggressive backstrap. The only thing that worries me is edges of the grips on the backstrap don't really want to seal. We'll see how they hold up. I've had the same style grips on my G19 edc for about 2 years, so if they last that long I'll be happy.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »
Quick update: I got my Talon Grips installed. I really like the texture with the rubber grips on the aggressive backstrap. The only thing that worries me is edges of the grips on the backstrap don't really want to seal. We'll see how they hold up. I've had the same style grips on my G19 edc for about 2 years, so if they last that long I'll be happy.

Did you warm everything with a hair dryer or heat gun after install? I've found that really helps with these types of stick-on grips.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline rch024

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »

Did you warm everything with a hair dryer or heat gun after install? I've found that really helps with these types of stick-on grips.
Yeah. I got it pretty hot and pressed it in 5-6 times. It's just that the texture is kinda "tall" so at the edges it's hard to get the material to conform to the shape. If it's gonna peel up, that's where it will fail.

Offline Tank41

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 08:41:51 AM »
Excellent review. I am happy with my P-10C. As you stated the trigger took around 200 rounds to feel good.  At this point, I have no problem with mine.
The sights are a different story. When you aim for slow fire there is a decent sized gap between the front sight and the back sight posts. Some may think it's silly, but I have always preferred sights with no gap.
At times the dots are also hard to see.
From your review I think I will give the holster and sight a try.
Thank you for taking the time to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro