Author Topic: Kadet 2 Fitting on P01 and SP01 (and others?)  (Read 256 times)

Offline FreshFishFry

Kadet 2 Fitting on P01 and SP01 (and others?)
« on: July 31, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »
I just picked up a Kadet 2 that I'd like to fit on my P01. I've read some fitting guides and watched some videos and feel comfortable filing the surfaces in the guide.

I do plan on picking up a SP01 soon (and possibly 75 B down the road.. I've caught the CZ bug). Would fitting the Kadet for the P01 affect the fitting on other models? Do others swap the Kadet around, or is it recommended to have one dedicated host? I'd still probably fit it to the P01, but just curious.

Just wanted to get some thoughts before doing the fitting.

Thanks!

Offline Boris_LA

Re: Kadet 2 Fitting on P01 and SP01 (and others?)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 06:38:54 PM »
Some points for consideration.
If you planning to use lighter main spring on some host pistols it may affect Kadet reliability.
In this case is advisable to keep dedicated host with stronger main spring.
Fitting/using Kadet on multiple frames will require to file it to the tightest frame. The side effect will be looser fit on the other frames. It will not affect the accuracy, but a bit irritating for perfectionists.
On compact P-01 the magazine will protrude beyond the grip. Again not affecting the functionality but not appealing cosmetically.
Personally I prefer using my two Kadet kits with full size frames and my compacts are not the regular range guns.

Offline FreshFishFry

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 04:24:05 PM »
Thanks for the response. I'll fit the Kadet to my P01 as I'd like to practice a lot with my carry gun. I'll go very easy on the filling and hope it fits my future SP01 just as well.

I agree on the magazines protruding beyond the grip not being cosmetically appealing. I see base plates being offered, but am a bit confused by the options (https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/base-pads-extensions/cz-75-base-pads.html).

I think this is what I want to extend the factory Kadet 10 round mags? https://czcustom.com/cz-75-10-round-aluminum-base-pad-standard.html

Also, was reading folks had to send away for PCR slide stop to the the slide open after the last round. I received 2 slide stops, one with a longer inner portion. I assume CZ was tired of fielding requests and decided to toss it in with the Kadets now.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »
Correct. One of the slide stops provided with Kadet kit should work in your P-01