Author Topic: new toy - Canik TP9SFx  (Read 631 times)

Offline bang bang

new toy - Canik TP9SFx
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »
got a new toy.

its my first Canik. I wasnt looking for one, but my dealer had it.  I guess someone bugged out on an order.  But their loss is my gain.

im not a fan of duo tone, but the tungsten/black works.  Lots of accessories for it so i may have to look for a optic for it.

sorry but no pics since all of the places i use to use to post pics wont.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Re: new toy - Canik TP9SFx
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:23 AM »
Enjoy that's a fine handgun you got threre ,hopefully a compact version of that will be available down the road.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline bgw45

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
Got one a week ago and now have 1000 rounds through it. One FTF due to my reloading skills.  Going on the nightstand soon.

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:57:22 PM »
I got one in match staff raffle.   I'm going to shoot it, with a Fastfire 3, in Steel Challenge this weekend.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:37:04 AM »
I've got two other Caniks, a TP9SA (the one everyone freaked out about because it is single action and has a decocker), and the TP9V2, which is more or less a copy internally of the Walther P99 AS, being a DA/SA striker fired pistol with a decocker.  Both have been utterly reliable and quite accurate.

Enjoy the SFx.

Offline ARP

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »
I picked up a FDE TP9SF about a month ago. What i have discovered is that the Bladetech S&W MP9 holster is a direct fit for this gun. Mine came with the Warren Tactical rear sight and the standard front which I think i'll swap out for a FO at some point.

I had not shot for a while, so I had it to the range last week. My first few shots were low and left, once I got a feel for it (started at 5 yards), I was on combat target with it. Ran flawless of Federal alu cased 115gr ammo from Walmart ($20 per 100). Bought 2 extra mags for it from JG Sales @ $60 shipped. I liked it, very little muzzle flip. It's a keeper.

Paid $300 plus $30 shipping from Prepper Gun Store and $35 transfer.

Offline MattStainless

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »
I'm really intrigued by this gun.  It seems like a great value for the price, and seems to get good reviews.  I haven't had the opportunity to handle one yet, but look forward to giving it an in person examination. 

Give us a range report after you get a chance to spend some time with it.

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
I didn't get to shoot my SFX in Steel Challenge.   I had to take a business trip to Seoul Korea instead.   :)

I did get to shoot it in a USPSA match yesterday.   It doesn't have the wonderful ergonomics of my Shadow.   But it was a hoot to shoot and ran great.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline MICZguy

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
I got to put my hands on one last week and I really liked it. It'll be a bit before I get one because I've got a RAMi and a 75B in layaway right now.

Offline BigTexasOne

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »
Took my new TP9sfx to the range today,  first time,  and put a couple hundred rounds through her without a single hiccup. The interesting thing is that I took my Burris Fast-food off of my G17, and installed it on the sfx and out only needed a tiny adjustment.   I am thrilled.  For the price,  $469., it might be the best pistol ought there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Online Evolve13

• Para Bellum, then be good at 1000 yards.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
As  much as I love CZ's, I have recently purchased a few Caniks.

They are amazing guns even before you factor in the price point.

The TP9SFX is amazing, and what you get for that price is outstanding.

I installed a Trijicon on it last week and its even better now.

This brand deserves a lot more chatter.
The best defense against evil men, are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:31:19 AM »
OP- Congratulations on your new Canik TP9SFx and may it serve you well!  8)  :)

I've been really happy with my original Canik TP9V1 and I continue to read and see good vibes about the other TP9 Series handguns.

I also own and operate a Canik/TriStar T-120, which is an aluminum/aluminium framed Cz75 SP01 Clone with a bit of Israeli styling.
Also an excellent handgun in fit and finish, reliability, and accuracy.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Online MadDuner

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
Congrats on the the acquisition of the TP9SFx!

I've got and shoot a TP9SA and a TP9SF. 
They both have been absolutely reliable and shoot well. 
I haven't shot an SFx yet, but I know full well i would like it too.

In fact, I was intending to buy the TP9SFx - when I spotted the SP-01 Tactical - and walked out of the gun store with that instead.  That's OK though, I can still go back and get the Canik when the "honeymoon" with my Tac is over.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
Yep I'm liking my TP9sfx what a trigger. Then I find out all these guns are being recalled or what Canik calls upgraded. The problems is Canik is NOT going to pay for your shipping. That PISSES ME OFF.

anything