Author Topic: CZ Competition  (Read 4373 times)

Offline jrice

CZ Competition
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »
What is the best CZ pistol in 9mm, out of the box, for competition...Thanks!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: CZ Competition
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
 ;D. More info is needed including caliber

There are a number of OTB good comp. CZ pistols.
It depends on the type of competition you're going to be shooting:  Bullseye, Action Shooting, Steel, USPSA, IDPA and more.

With more info,  you'll get a lot of recommendations.

Offline orthikon

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »
Regarding USPSA, IPSC and IDPA.

If you want to stick with 9mm then you be in minor power factor then you are better of in the stock class.

The ones people are using is the Shadow 2 or the older Shadows.

For 3 gun, I am not familiar with the modifications allowed but out of the box I would think the TAC Sport Orange is the best.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:56:32 PM by orthikon »

Offline jrice

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »
Regarding USPSA, IPSC and IDPA.

If you want to stick with 9mm then you be in minor power factor then you are better of in the stock class.

The ones people are using is the Shadow 2 or the older Shadows.

For 3 gun, I am not familiar with the modifications allowed but out of the box I would think the TAC Sport Orange is the best.
  Bullseye shooting

Offline whitelotus9

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:14:50 PM »
Definitely the P-09!!
Is the shooter ready?  Stand By...

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »

Why don't you tell us in detail what you want to do, what sport, what sanctioning body, what rule set, what pistol restrictions there are in the sport you're thinking of, and then maybe we can provide a decent answer.

If the answer is "I shoot NRA Bullseye, and I've been using my .45 pistol for both the centerfire and .45 legs, but I was thinking of adding a pistol dedicated to the center-fire leg, and I've been curious about CZ pistols..." -- that's a perfectly acceptable answer.

If the answer is "My buddy participates in a local club shoot is bullseye oriented, but I don't really know the details..."  -- that's a perfectly acceptable answer.

If the answer is "I don't really have any specific competition in mind and was just taking a shot in the dark when I said bullseye.  Really, I am just interested in getting a CZ pistol, and asking about a competition pistol seemed like a good way to get direction toward an especially good model..."  -- that is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Right now, people are trying to coax enough context out of you to answer your question, and it seems like you don't quite have the information people need to give you a good answer.  So maybe just put all your cards out on the table at once and let people see what they can see.  ;) 

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 08:49:34 PM »
In general for Bullseye,  CZ offers very good center fire fire pistols that also can use the Kadet Kit .22 rimfire upper conversion

If you read some of JoeL's posts you can get a feel for the great accuracy the P09 or 75B with the Kadet .22 conversion can give you.   If your only shooting center fire then one of the SP01 or Shadow models can really be accurate with good 9mm  ammunition..

Give us some more details about your preferences and members here can help you choose.

Offline jrice

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:16:22 PM »
I don't shoot match or club competition. I just want the best out of the box CZ pistol for bulls eye shooting.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 10:49:19 PM »
In what caliber?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 10:53:42 PM »
It says 9mm in the first post.  No worries, 1SOW didn't see it either.  ;)  O0

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 12:02:53 AM »
I did see that,  but my definition of Bullseye shooting must be dated. :-\

For 25 yard/meter 9mm accuracy,  I would look at a steel 75 SPO1 or Shadow "Single Action" with a fitted barrel bushing added aftermarket.  Another option might be  a 9mm TAC Sport, depending on your preferences for cost and pistol weight/size.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 02:30:53 AM »
I was referring to this:

;D. More info is needed including caliber

Just giving you a little bit of a hard time, sir. ;)

I'm still not sure what he's asking for.  And he doesn't seem predisposed to providing details, so I'm at a loss.  I'll leave it in your capable hands. ;)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 02:35:56 PM »
Oh oh,  he's in trouble now. :o

Stay with him,  I need to mow the  lawn.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »
A little background on the OP.

Hello Friends. My name is Jerry I recently became a member of the CZ Forum. I am 71 years old. Retired in April 2010. I have enjoyed sport shooting since I retired...(snip)...Yesterday I purchased a CZ75 B Omega.,,(snip)...I shoot cast bullets. I spent some time today working on COAL and oiling and getting to know my CZ. Thank You. I'm looking forward to our forum. Jerry

I think what jrice is trying to convey is that he does not shoot any organized form of competition, but enjoys shooting accurately.  He has recently discovered CZ's and would like to know which guns in the CZ product like tend to be the most accurate.  Not that he is GOING to shoot competition with them, just what ones tend to perform most accurately.

If I were to purchase a 9mm CZ with accuracy as the main goal, I would look at the Tactical Sport, Shadow 2, or Shadow.  They are the higher end pistols and get better fitment than the standard production pistols.  If your finances allow for a custom gun, then I would look at some of the semi-custom guns like CZCustom and Cajun Gun Works put together.  Especially the ones with the barrel bushing conversions.

Edited: Holy Spelling Errors, Batman!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:06:19 PM by jameslovesjammie »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »
"It says 9mm in the first post.  No worries, 1SOW didn't see it either.  ;)  O0"

Sad thing is that I read it and proceeded to forget it by the time I read the following posts. I used to be a lot more observant...and intelligent.  8)
Regarding the original question, out of the box would be tough. TS Orange is probably the tightest fitting factory CZ, but still may benefit from a bushing job and the trigger would be too light by 1.5lbs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:04:37 PM by Earl Keese »

anything