Author Topic: What should my next one be...  (Read 1720 times)

Offline GLo100

What should my next one be...
« on: August 06, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »
So, I'm a fairly new CZ owner. I purchased a Shadow Target from CZ custom a couple of years ago and use it mostly for range practice and competition. I preface by saying that where I live it's not possible to order one on line and have it transferred or find any at local shops unless a used one already in my State. Having said that I have the opportunity at grabbing one of the following:

P-01 9MM BLACK 10+1 3.8" FS MFG Model #: 01199
P-01 OMEGA 9MM BLK 10+1 FS MFG Model #: 91229
75BD 9MM BLACK 4.7" 10+1 FS MFG Model #: 01130
Also a P-07 and P-10.

I haven't really made up my mind on what would the main use be for the new one, but I am leaning towards finding one for possibly becoming my CCW, but also open to just another range gun.
Mainly asking to those more experienced CZ owners what would you consider a 'must' have for someone who's starting to accumulate more CZs. 

Thanks All for your input.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: What should my next one be...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
I've been carrying my PCR for 8 years now. For me it is the ultimate/perfect all around handgun. I've tried many others and the PCR always finds it's way back onto my hip. I own 8 CZ's now including the P-07 but the PCR is my hands down favorite.

Offline GLo100

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 01:36:13 PM »
I've been carrying my PCR for 8 years now. For me it is the ultimate/perfect all around handgun. I've tried many others and the PCR always finds it's way back onto my hip. I own 8 CZ's now including the P-07 but the PCR is my hands down favorite.

Thanks. Not sure I'll be able to get that one but it does seem getting very good reviews from lot of the places I have checked on line.
Just too bad doesn't have ambidextrous safety as I'm lefty.

Would an Omega be a good alternative?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 04:11:35 PM by GLo100 »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »

Thanks. Not sure I'll be able to get that one but it does seem getting very good reviews from lot of the places I have checked on line.
Just too bad doesn't have ambidextrous safety as I'm lefty.

Would an Omega be a good alternative?

I do like my P-07 real well and it does have ambi decocker or safety. So the Omega system is not to be discounted.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 07:13:17 PM »
I'm a huge fan of the P01 Omega, so that's my vote. It retains the ergonomics of the original P01, has the decocker angle/ design, and rear sight design I prefer. That said, don't discount the P07/ 09- great guns too.

Nice problem to have  ;D- let us know what you decide & post pics!
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline GLo100

What should my next one be...
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »
Thanks for the info Tanners. I am leaning at this point towards that one. I might just hold off until my purpose is solidly defined. At the end of the day most of CZs are solid guns for any intended purpose but I would be happy if I could replace my current non cz edc with the Omega. We'll have to see how well I can shoot it if I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:09:46 PM by GLo100 »

Offline GLo100

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:26:47 PM »
Just another question: when I first purchased my Shadow I was able to score a few hi cap pre ban magazines. Can those or the 10 rounds that came with a Shadow be used in the Omega model?

Offline eastman

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 10:42:57 PM »
Just another question: when I first purchased my Shadow I was able to score a few hi cap pre ban magazines. Can those or the 10 rounds that came with a Shadow be used in the Omega model?

conventional CZ 75 magazines will fit in the compact frame P-01 (regular or Omega). They will stick out a bit at the bottom, but function just fine.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 01:56:19 AM »
P07 Suppressor ready Urban Grey is what I'm planning on purchasing next. Assuming High Noon can make a holster for it. Otherwise I may go P10 or standard P07.

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
From your list I would go with the P01 omega. It is the best IMHO do all gun from your list. Also it will work with the pre-ban mags you have already scored.
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline GLo100

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »
P07 Suppressor ready Urban Grey is what I'm planning on purchasing next. Assuming High Noon can make a holster for it. Otherwise I may go P10 or standard P07.

I'm intrigued by the P07, but it'll have to wait. I think I'm going with the P-01 Omega and hunting for a 97B or BD as well.

Offline GLo100

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 07:40:22 PM »
From your list I would go with the P01 omega. It is the best IMHO do all gun from your list. Also it will work with the pre-ban mags you have already scored.

I agree, I was leaning towards that somewhat already as I'm hoping I can shoot it well to become my CCW. And the mags helping in making my decision easier.

The Guardian

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »
I owned them all at one time or another.......the one I've held on to is the 75BD.  To be honest, I upgraded everyone on of them to the max....its just a fun hobby, but the BD just kinda had it all for me, feell..function...and look. I bought one new a couple years back and upgraded and refinished it right out of the box even before shooting it.....it only ever been at the top of the food chain  ;D

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:58 AM »
Although I don't on one, the P01 is what first introduced me to CZ.  I knew right away it was a shooter.  It remained so until my buddy sent it on. Had to get my own CZs shortly after!   Suitable for carry, but it shoots like a range gun.  Has a rail, but It really doesn't get in the way if you decide to never use it.

Offline BrenToo

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 01:15:51 AM »
This Thread ended at Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 07:37:02 PM
+1!