Author Topic: Single Action Only triggers for the Shadow 2. Flat or Curved from CGW?  (Read 5297 times)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Hey guys did a quick search but didn't find anything. I'm looking at the Single Action Trigger for my Shadow 2 and see that CGW has 2 different models. One is Flat and the other is curved. I know its a "personal" preference thing but what have you guys that have changed them out liked better or feels better. Sorry for the silly noobis question but would appreciate your input. Thanks

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: Single Action Only triggers for the Shadow 2. Flat or Curved from CGW?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »
Flat.

Offline tact

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:36:46 PM »
I prefer flat.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »
Keep in mind that the CGW "curved" trigger you are referring to is actually a "curved tip" trigger.  It's not like the curved trigger on your Shadow 2.  It's more like a Tactical sport trigger.  Below are the Shadow 2 curved trigger, the CGW Curved Tip trigger, and the CGW straight trigger:

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys ! I like the looks of the Flat better but wanted what "works" best. Thanks again.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 12:11:23 AM »
Alot of it will come down to personal preference.  I like the "straight" trigger in IDescribe's photo.  It is adjustable for both pre and over travel.  This allows you to tune your trigger to the minimum amount of movement possible.  It also brings the trigger farther to the rear, which can be beneficial to someone with smaller hands.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 01:53:47 AM »
Roger that,I like the ideal of the adjustability ! I just put the order into CGW for there "Straight" trigger along with a bunch of little pins and springs and things,,LOL I'll keep ya posted. Thanks guys.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
My (used) Tactical Sport came with a straight trigger, so he'd changed out the original.

My youngest son's CZ 75 SA came with the semi-straight trigger and he changed it out to the straight trigger.

When I put a SA trigger in the SP01 Compact last week I used the straight trigger.

We had zero issues installing the straight trigger in the CZ 75 SA.

I had issues with the SP01 Compact and had to modify the trigger to get the pistol to work properly.  Modifying the trigger was preferable to modifying the frame.

Good luck with your mods.  Making the pistol "fit" your needs is always satisfying.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline cobrajunkie

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »
Can it still be DA with these triggers?  Just curious as to why one would buy a Shadow2 and change to single action only rather than simply buying a Tactical Sports?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 09:15:44 AM »
I don't know what a Shadow 2 weighs.

My Tactical Sport .40, with a loaded magazine, weight 3 lbs. & 7.16 oz.

It's not easy to carry something that heavy around.

And, making your pistol "more" yours is fun.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 09:23:37 AM »
In terms of competitive shooting, 9mm SAO works for

• USPSA - Limited (obviously not ideal)
  • Steel Challenge - Limited
  • NRA Action Pistol - Metallic
  • A variety of target shooting disciplines
  • A variety of "outlaw" matches

Outside of competition, some people simply prefer SA. 

In terms of not just buying a Tac Sport?  Because the TS frame is bigger.  That would matter to some.

Not having done this myself, I can't speak to what this does to the trigger or what this allows you to do with the trigger that you can't do for DA/SA.  I know if you start changing hammer geometry for SA, then adjustments have to be made to keep the DA timing right, so taking DA out of the equation may free up a knowledgeable smith (not me) to do things they may otherwise not be able to do?  I'm not sure.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 10:46:21 AM »
Can it still be DA with these triggers?  Just curious as to why one would buy a Shadow2 and change to single action only rather than simply buying a Tactical Sports?
No

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 12:55:21 AM »
My whole thought in wanting the Single Action only is just because I want it,,I have been a 1911 guy for years until I started getting into CZs ! I love the SA/DA of my S2 but just looking at playing around some with it,I know it can be changed back without to many issues. I am way "over" the competing part of shooting, I still will shoot a IDPA match once in awhile (I'll use my SP-01) but I have not done a USPSA match this Summer yet ! I wanted a S2 because I wanted it and its a bad-ass gun,,period ! I will shoot some matches with it probably and will still shoot my SP-01 Tac also. We do lots of shooting at my buddies range, he has a plate rack and tons of poppers/gongs etc We just have a great time, practicing draws/reloads/malfunction drills etc,,just a good ole time, I'll post some pics and vids sometime, we should be getting up there soon, its been awhile. Anyways back to the SA flat trigger I just like the ideal of running the gun cocked and locked and pulling it out and having the same trigger pull every time ! Kinda back to my Striker Fired pistol days and my 1911s ! It should be fun to say the least. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for the info.