Author Topic: P-01 Omega  (Read 916 times)

Offline 03psd

Re: P-01 Omega
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
Very nice couple of Omegas. Quick question: is the mag release reversable for a left handed shooter?

Offline KOTOC-79

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
Very nice couple of Omegas. Quick question: is the mag release reversable for a left handed shooter?

Yes it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.
THOMAS JEFFERSON

Offline xcentrk

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
Nice, very Jealous.

I have been waiting for almost a year and a half for a low-capacity version to come over (damn NY). One day I will join the club. lol. Instead I will just have to keep buying other CZ's to fill the void.

Offline CCW-Ohio

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »
Nice looking pistols!! I love my regular (pre-NSN) P-01. Do you like the Omega better than the decocker only version? If so, what are the big advantages.

Offline plnkr1234

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 03:15:32 PM »
Funny, my UG P01 has the same slide release as yours, but the safeties are different.

I wonder why CZ makes so many different ambidextrous safeties for similar pistols?

Those are the de-cockers, the safeties are still in the box. The P-01 omega convertible comes with both sets of safeties and de-cockers so you can choose which ever configuration you want.

My new P01 came with a left and right decocker installed and a left safety and a right decocker instead of a right safety in the bag.  Anyone else have this happen? 

I called CZ expecting them to just send me the part.  The person I spoke with initially didn't seem to understand, then referred me to their website to fill out a request online.  Did so and got a response that I sent it to the wrong department and that I should go through their parts department. We'll see what happens. Can't say I'm very impressed with CZ customer service.

CZ USA did come through.  They are sending me a complete safety lever set.  I told them I only needed a right side lever, but I'm not going to argue it.

Best

Offline KOTOC-79

P-01 Omega
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »
Received my grips in the mail today.
I also installed several CGW goodies that came last week. I was very happy to find out that these omega's already come with a floating trigger pin. It made things much easier when I was installing the reduced power trigger spring!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:49:06 PM by KOTOC-79 »
That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.
THOMAS JEFFERSON

Offline HBeretta

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 11:47:17 PM »
damn good looking pistol...really is!  been looking into getting vz grips as well or look like'em anyway.  great pics!

Offline KOTOC-79

P-01 Omega
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:13 AM »
damn good looking pistol...really is!  been looking into getting vz grips as well or look like'em anyway.  great pics!

These are actually pachmayr grips. They are less than half the price of VZ's.
I bought them here...

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/pachmayr-pistol-grip.html?_iv_code=YR-G6-PSTLGR-61111&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsryQzonU1QIVBwxpCh0UhgqFEAQYBCABEgIlH_D_BwE

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:12:07 AM by KOTOC-79 »
THOMAS JEFFERSON

Offline GLo100

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 05:36:31 PM »
I have been looking for this pistol for over 6 months and I finally found it last week. I literally had/have my email address plugged into every watch list imaginable for this pistol.
I took her to the range today and it fired like an absolute dream!
This pistol is a permanent addition... What a beautiful little pistol...

On a side note, I couldn't use my regular indoor range today because some wanker decided to rent a pistol and then shoot himself in the head at the range last week.

Would you think about carrying it? I'm looking for the same perhaps for becoming my new EDC.

Offline KOTOC-79

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »

[/quote]

Would you think about carrying it? I'm looking for the same perhaps for becoming my new EDC.
[/quote]

I would definitely think about carrying it. It would make an excellent carry pistol but, for me personally I will not.
I have been carrying a Glock 19 for years and am not worried about beating it up (holster wear etc.). I love my CZ to much to carry it :D
THOMAS JEFFERSON

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »

[/quote]

I would definitely think about carrying it. It would make an excellent carry pistol but, for me personally I will not.
I have been carrying a Glock 19 for years and am not worried about beating it up (holster wear etc.). I love my CZ to much to carry it :D
[/quote]

That's the reason I started working through the plastic framed pistols (till I got to my P07).  Because I didn't want to gouge, scratch, ding up Colt 1911's.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.