Author Topic: The upgraded SP01 Compact now goes "BANG!"  (Read 580 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
The upgraded SP01 Compact now goes "BANG!"
« on: August 06, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
Took the upgraded SP01 Compact up above the garden while I was home this weekend.  Targets were 20 yds. from where I was standing.  Function was 100%, for 15 rounds anyway.

Loaded it with 5 rounds of the 115 grain PD hollow points sitting on top of Blue Dot and shot them.

figured it had to shoot better than that, so I loaded another 5 in the magazine and shot another target.  Better.  But off to the left some.

Got out the rear sight pusher tool and just barely moved it (couldn't see it move, but cranked on the arm some and then took the slide out and shot another 5 rounds.

Called it good.  Grabbed up the targets, range bag, pistol, etc. and headed back to the house to get ready for the wedding we went home to attend.

Might get it to the range again this week for more confirmation that it "shoots right where I hold it."
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: The upgraded SP01 Compact now goes "BANG!"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
Those quick function tests are also known as momentary sanity breaks. :) Looks like it's dialed in where you need it, awesome!

Offline ea1154

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
Nice grouping.  What site pusher do you use?
CZ P-01 (All Steel)
CZ 75 BD Police (Pending a trade)
Sig P220
Sig P938

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »
This one.  Works great so far.  I've replaced rear sights on several CZ's.  Look up VISM sight tool.  It cost me about $40 when I bought it last year.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »
Nice grouping.  What site pusher do you use?

I've got the same pusher that M1A4ME has. It's my third and last sight pusher. You're welcome to use mine next time you're in town.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 08:00:24 PM »
Nice shooting, what upgrades did you do to your SPO1  ?
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=90727.0  Thread on the parts/mods/what the hecks?? that occurred.

If I can remember, exactly:

straight trigger
15 lb. hammer spring
reduced power trigger return spring
reduced power firing pin block spring
race hammer
CGW adjustable sear
Tactical Sport safeties
CGW firing pin retaining pin
Meprolight night sights
CGW match barrel bushing
reduced power firing pin return spring
CGW trigger pin

Only thing polished was the sides of the trigger bar
had to remove some metal from the front/bottom of the trigger to get enough forward movement of the trigger bar to get it to release from the under the firing pin lifting arm
bought the extended firing pin but couldn't/didn't use it.  It would protrude way too darn far past the chamber face even when "blocked" by the firing pin block.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:47:37 PM »
It IS always good when your sidearm goes BANG when you want it to...I was always told the two worst sounds in the world was a CLICK when you want a BANG, and vice versa.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 01:05:39 AM »
Looking really good!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline K3JB

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »
Thanks M1A for your list of improvements,  they sure seem to have worked for you and the fine SP-01.
Good luck with the pistol
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Online Jptopdwn

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 02:32:07 PM »
Is that sight pusher a universal tool?   I have been wondering what to use for my CZ's........this might be the ticket!!!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »
All I've used it for is CZ's.  P07, CZ 75s and 85s.  I've not tried it on XDMs or M&Ps.

anything