Author Topic: I'm going to need more ammo...lots more.  (Read 1764 times)

Offline czfan12

I'm going to need more ammo...lots more.
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
First range trip with the Scorpion carbine.  Left it stock, except for a Magpul AFG and a TRS-25 (I picked up a couple of the Manticore mags as well).  Man, is this thing fun to shoot!!  Went through a couple hundred rounds without a hiccup, including PD rounds (all 115gr and 124gr).  Used both the irons and the red dot, happy with the results from both.

I will need to do something about the grip and/or safety levers - felt a little awkward, but didn't cut into the fun.  Trigger didn't seem bad, though I'm sure new springs and polish will make it even better.

Off to order some more ammo...   ;D

Offline SouthernScorp

Re: I'm going to need more ammo...lots more.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »
SGammo yearly profits took a major hit since I quit ordering 1-2000 rnds a month from them and started reloading for 9mm at 12cents per shot. I'm still buying crates of 7.62x39 and 5.45 though  :-X
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
HBI safety selectors are really nice. Targetsportsusa.com has good prices on cases of ammo with free shipping on cases.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »
Out of lead, need to buy more. :)

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »
I put the right side safely delete on mine right away, since I'm not ambidextrous.  That made it "right" for me.  I'm looking at one of those AK-style levers, though.

Poor SGAmmo - I've cut back as well, but arrivals are still outpacing expenditures at my house.

Fun gun for sure.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 10:44:59 PM »
Out of lead, need to buy more. :)

bleep wish I'da known I gave away about 40lbs. Had a crap ton of mastercast 30-30 and various oither calibers I on't use anymore the a friend which melted them down to make his .50 muzzle loader and .45 long colt rounds

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »
That would have been nice, but is OK. :) Once I get past this suspension I can get some funds and hit Seafab.

Offline Teryx4NV

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »
I have almost the same set up on my Scorpion. And just like the OP, I've been burning through the lead nonstop.

Offline czfan12

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 09:20:09 PM »
Now that I've got some rounds through it, starting to tinker just a bit.  Have an Apex grip on the way for it, and a Hogue Handall sitting in the drawer ready to pop on it.  Eyeing the Shooters Element trigger work - Flat Trigger, HBI spring kit, and full polish/install...

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »
Now that I've got some rounds through it, starting to tinker just a bit.  Have an Apex grip on the way for it, and a Hogue Handall sitting in the drawer ready to pop on it.  Eyeing the Shooters Element trigger work - Flat Trigger, HBI spring kit, and full polish/install...

that's how it starts, they you'll be adding a aftermarket handguard, optics , charge levers , safeties , ext mag release ,muzzle device and the beat goes on  ::)

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline jim.c

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 06:30:41 PM »
I put the right side safely delete on mine right away, since I'm not ambidextrous.  That made it "right" for me.  I'm looking at one of those AK-style levers, though.

Poor SGAmmo - I've cut back as well, but arrivals are still outpacing expenditures at my house.

Fun gun for sure.

I put the HBI AK Safety as well as Spring Kit, Delta Trigger, Delta Charging Handle and left side Safety Delete on mine yesterday.  Makes a HUGE difference. Great folks at HBI.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 02:46:39 AM »
It's the new AR 15...;) I know, I know, I'm going to Hades for that one.... ;D

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »
Like this post. I haven't been able to shoot my new EVO yet (been too busy) but this makes me look forward to shooting it. But I have been upgrading it a lot since I got it. So far my upgrade list is:

SB Tactical SBTEVO Brace
Yeti Wurks Switchback
HBI Mini AK Saftey (right side)
HBI Delta Charging Handle
Surefire X300 Ultra-B

Next is the HBI Trigger & spring kit. But I have a welded trigger pack and I'm not good at all at the more detailed difficult gunsmith work so I'll prolly send it to HBI to get the work done on it.

Funny thing is optic will be last.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:40:32 PM by 007_Bond »

Offline czfan12

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 08:34:46 PM »
Next is the HBI Trigger & spring kit. But I have a welded trigger pack and I'm
Not God at the more detailed difficult gunsmith work so I'll prolly send it to HBI to get the work done on it.

Yeah, that''s one of the things that appeals to me about the Shooters Element work....they'll take care of the welded trigger pack.  Then I can drop CZ a note and say 'nevermind' on the trigger pack swap.

Got the Apex grip today.  As was noted on here in another thread, that thing fits tight...I didn't think I was going to get it on there.  It pairs nicely with the Hogue Handall.  Adds just the right amount of size to the grip for my hand, and the aggressive texture of the Apex keeps it from moving around.  Did not use the Apex grip tape, but could add that if somehow the Hogue starts moving around.  The grip angle is vastly better for me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:26:13 PM by czfan12 »

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 02:42:15 PM »
Next is the HBI Trigger & spring kit. But I have a welded trigger pack and I'm
Not God at the more detailed difficult gunsmith work so I'll prolly send it to HBI to get the work done on it.

Yeah, that''s one of the things that appeals to me about the Shooters Element work....they'LL take care of the welded trigger pack.  Then I can drop CZ a note and say 'nevermind' on the trigger pack swap.

Got the Apex grip today.  As was noted on here in another thread, that thing fits tight...I didn't think I was going to get it on there.  It pairs nicely with the Hogue Handall.  Adds just the right amount of size to the grip for my hand, and the aggressive the extreme of the Apex keeps it from moving around.  Did not use the Apex grip tape, but could add that if somehow the Hogue starts moving around.  The grip angle is vastly bether for me.

Sry I butchered my last post with typos. I fixed it now.

Cool to know about SE. HBI will also fix the welded trigger pack prob for a fee.