Author Topic: Need feedback on Scorpion pistol SBR.  (Read 936 times)

Offline CZ-TCP

Re: Need feedback on Scorpion pistol SBR.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »
I have a sbt evo folder and never intend to shoulder it, it looks great too. :) 

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:10:53 PM by CZ-TCP »

Offline mauikiteman

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 07:08:48 AM »
I've had mine SBRd for close a year now. 

I put in a HBI trigger and spring, added a vertical fore grip, the stock CZ 922r package and a Vortex Viper red dot sight.

This is the most accurate, dependable and fun “pistol” I have ever shot.  My other pistols don’t see near the range time as the Scorpion.  It looks great too!

Hint:  Buy ammo in bulk from Target Sports – you are going to need it….

Offline MP5Guy

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 09:40:57 AM »
Skipped the SBR route on my end here. Currently rocking the kak tube+folding adapter+kak blade "brace", and an angle grip on the front. Ready to go, no Form1\4 etc, and with the ATF telling us we can shoulder the KAK blades', I don't feel the need to constantly check myself.

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »

Totally happy as is for life ... well maybe an aftermarket trigger like a geiselle etc. etc. if the market builds up
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline zanemoseley

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 08:07:53 AM »
Well guys I downloaded the full ATF letter to SB tactical and it sure seems if you sort through the lawyer speak they're saying if you install the brace as intended you've not created an NFA item regardless of how it's shot. Of course they beat around the bush but seems they recanted the "redesign" by type of use bull !@##. Perhaps I will go with a brace, the SB tactical one looks really close to the CZ stock.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »
I used the Thordsen's Cheek Rest kit for years until I finally picked up a Gear Head Works Tail Hook Mod 1, and the Thordsen's is in the safe gathering dust. ;) Anyone need a Cheek Rest kit?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »
Well guys I downloaded the full ATF letter to SB tactical and it sure seems if you sort through the lawyer speak they're saying if you install the brace as intended you've not created an NFA item regardless of how it's shot. Of course they beat around the bush but seems they recanted the "redesign" by type of use bull !@##. Perhaps I will go with a brace, the SB tactical one looks really close to the CZ stock.

I basically agree. But if it helps the gear head works tailhook mod 1 with scorpion stock is as close as it gets to the original Scorpion stock.
But I'm currently running the SBTEVO. and it's  awesone
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:47:21 PM by 007_Bond »

Offline zanemoseley

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »
I found the Yeti Wurks kit with the tailhook and the cz cheek rest with folding adapter. Looks pretty darn sweet. The tailhook looks easy to deploy for off hand shooting and the closed position it looks good for occasional shouldered use per the new letter.

Now for my next question. Can the tailhook be flipped around so it opens to the left for easier use by a leftie?

Offline ndmiller

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 09:57:07 PM »
Of those of you that have gone through the trouble to convert the scorpion pistol in to a true sbr with the CZ 922r kit what has your experience been like. I don't have the scorpion pistol yet but am thinking of getting one with the sole intent of converting to sbr. This would be my first NFA item so I would like some feedback before taking the plunge.

This was my third NFA item (2AR's .223 & 300 Blk), SBR'd using the ATF Eform system, got it back and waited 3 months for availability of the 922 kit from CZ.  Also have a Sig SRD45 suppressor I use on it, received about 6 months after I finished building the Scorpion SBR.  Even without the suppressor this is my favorite gun I've ever had, bar none.  It's a pleasure to shoot indoors and out, shooting subsonic without the suppressor is great, regular 115gr ball is great, it's a complete tack driver.  Everyone I shoot with loves this thing.  We shoot 25 yard battleship head to head indoors all day long and it never gets old.  Suppressed it's just freaking amazing with 158gr flocci subsonic.  If I could only have 1 gun, this would be it for everything.  FWIW $799 for the pistol, $200 tax stamp, $200 922 kit is $1100.  There isn't another $1100 gun better, no way no how.  Add the suppressor for $699 with $200 tax stamp, it's $2000 even.  9mm is so cheap now $200/1000 it's even better.

Only downside is that every year I have to get permission from the ATF to take it out of state, so I can visit all my friends in the south for a year.  It's a handful of forms mailed in with approvals back in a month or so.  Good for a year.  If you're ever in Atlanta, come shoot it.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 04:07:02 PM »
I found the Yeti Wurks kit with the tailhook and the cz cheek rest with folding adapter. Looks pretty darn sweet. The tailhook looks easy to deploy for off hand shooting and the closed position it looks good for occasional shouldered use per the new letter.

Now for my next question. Can the tailhook be flipped around so it opens to the left for easier use by a leftie?

Cool. Not sure about that one.

Offline 605603rwhp

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 12:55:55 AM »
I waited approx 8 months for my SBR stamp (with a trust) & about 12 moths for the suppressor stamp. You just CAN'T get the smile off my face  ;D

http://imgur.com/cmsA8NA
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:03:42 AM by 605603rwhp »

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 02:07:36 AM »

sure, why not, but the release button will be on the inside left instead of the outside right so you'd have to use a reach around to pop open though. edit that sounded kinda dirty what I meant is the button will be slightly less easy to access but it should be reversible
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 05:30:55 AM »

Sure, it's only keyed at the top on that adapter.  It should go on the other way. 

The tail hook with the factory folder is the way to go.  I doubt you'll ever open it.  ;)

Offline boomer1

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
This is a good question!!

In the last couple of years, I have been learning about the sometimes arcane rules and regulations of the BATFE. All of this work was started/filed prior to the implementation of BATFE Final Rule 41-F on 16 July 2016. During that time I have established a gun trust (1/20/16), started a Form 1 [SBR] (e-filed 6/11/16, approved 1/26/17), had executed on 4/14/16 three paper-filed Form 3s [silencers] transfers, and subsequently three paper-filed Form 4s [silencers] (two on 5/21/16, approved 2/16/17; one on 7/8/16, approved 5/29/17).

Here are a couple of observations, I love my Scorpion SBR with its folding Zhukov stock. The Octane suppressor fits on it like a glove with the HK 3-lug adapter. My Scorpion's barrel was threaded for 18 x 1.  This whole thing was a giant exercise in patience, the results were worth the wait. I am glad that I assembled my SBR in this manner.

YMMV

anything